ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ-𝟙𝟚

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

Dinner was made and everyone retired to their respective rooms for the rest of the night but Klaus was not feeling like going to sleep just yet so he left his room and went downstairs, outside in the garden where the open sitting area was.

Klaus was not prepared for what was coming for him and truth be told it was the first time in his life that he knew trouble was headed his way, he wasn't prepared and he was okay with it, he was fine with everything because he knew his kids knew the whole truth and they would never choose anyone over him.

Klaus started the fire in front of him and then sat back, he closed his eyes and tried relaxing, it was something he loved doing, it reminded him of his human days.

Hayley was in her room with Jackson, it's been more than a decade since they've shared a room because Hayley didn't move out of the compound and Jackson was not ready to live in the compound.

She looks around the room to see pictures of herself, with the Mikaelson family, the only photo she ever took with Klaus and one photo was the main one that was taken on the day she and Klaus met Hope after two months of being away from her.

(Few of those photos.)

Hayley looks at all the pictures as tears gather in her eyes, Jackson came out of the bathroom and tried to say something but before he could say anything, they both hear someone noise coming from outside.

Hayley wipes her eyes and opens the door to see Hope walking down the hallway, she walks out of the room to follow her daughter who was walking downstairs where Hayley sees Aiden standing too.

"Was he up there?" Aiden asks Hope who shakes her head at her brother, Aiden sees Hayley behind Hope "You awake?" Aiden asks Hayley and Hope turns to look at her mother who smiles at the two but Hope just ignores her.

Hayley and Hope both come near Aiden "Why are you both out here at this hour?" Hayley asks them and before Hope could say anything sarcastic Aiden starts speaking "We were just trying to find our dad, have you seen him?" Aiden asks Hayley who shakes her head.

"I saw him going to his room last," Hayley tells the two and Hope sighs "Where did he go?" Hope asks her brother getting worried about where might their father be at this hour, Aiden looks at Hayley "Why don't you help us find him?" Aiden smirks at Hayley who thinks for a moment before nodding.

"Sure," Hayley says and Hope looks at her brother with a betrayed look but Aiden just shrugs "We can find him faster with her help, she's a hybrid, and she can catch his scent and direct us to him," Aiden says and Hope nods after a few seconds.

"Can you catch his scent?" Hope asks her mother and Hayley looks at her with disbelief it was the first time Hope talked to her "Of course," Hayley says and closes her eyes as she tries to pick Klaus's scent and follows it.

"Come on, this way," Hayley says and Hope and Aiden follow her, the three of the step into the garden and they look around to see the fire, Hope rolls her eyes "We should've checked here first," she says and Aiden nods but Hayley looks at the two confused.

"Dad loves to just sit in the garden at night time with the fire burning in silence, he says it reminds him of his human days," Hope smiles at Hayley before the three quietly make their way to Klaus who was in a deep sleep.

Hayley looks at Klaus and his face, it was like he was the most innocent and pure man, his face had a calm and content look, no one would even think that this was the same man who terrified people in their sleep, the man who kept thousands awake at night because of his terror.

Hope and Aiden smile at him and sit in front of him, Aiden motions for Hayley to take a seat too but Hope tries to stop him, Hayley smiles at them and takes a seat "Why is he sleeping here?" Hayley asks the two kids who both give her a sad look.

"Whenever he's sad, or angry, or emotional, or stressed, or just restless, he comes out here, and starts a fire, it helps him calm down and just relax," Hope explains, and Hayley smiles at the two mostly her daughter as she sees Hope slowly opening up to her.

"You wanna see something even more fun?" Hope asks Hayley in an excited voice and Hayley nods at her, Hope looks at her brother and they both share a mischievous look before Aiden goes to Klaus's side and slightly shakes him "Dad," Aiden says but Klaus only hums.

"What Aiden? Let me sleep," Klaus says when Aiden doesn't stop shaking him "We wanna go outside tomorrow just, Hope Marcel, and me, will you let us?" Aiden asks him but he shakes him "We'll in the morning about this," Klaus says and Aiden looks at Hope.

"No, Dad, we want an answer now, please let us go," Hope says in her innocent voice and Klaus who was now fully awake internally smirks before opening his eyes and smiling at the two kids who were trying to take advantage of him in his sleep.

As soon as Hope and Aiden see their father awake they both gasp and Aiden runs from his place and goes to sit beside Hope "We're sorry," both Hope and Aiden say together and Hayley laughs at them.

Klaus smirks at the two kids while Hope and Aiden try to ignore him "You two do this every time so it was my lucky chance that I was still awake this time and caught you both red-handed," Klaus says and both his kids just look down.

"I heard your voices earlier when you both were trying to find me and went to my room, I was just waiting for when you both will find your way here but I didn't know you both had your plans," Klaus smirks at them but Hope and Aiden just give him an innocent smile.

"Why didn't you come up if you were awake?" Hope asks her father dismissing the subject about what she and Aiden just did, Hayley smiles at her daughter's sudden move to change the subject.

"I thought maybe we can just sit here and you both can tell us all the updates about your life," Klaus says, and Hope and Aiden nod at him before they run back inside to get some stuff, Hayley looks at Klaus confused as to why the kids just ran inside.

"They went to get some snacks, just wait and see," Klaus tells her, and true to his words, they both see Hope and Aiden coming out of the house with snack baskets in their hands, the only difference was one of the baskets had soft drinks and the other one had beer bottle.

Hope and Aiden put the baskets down and sit back, Hope sits beside Klaus and Aiden sits beside Hayley and they all take their drinks and a packet of snacks as Hope starts "So Lizzie and Josie were preparing for" Hope says and Hayley leans closer t...

Hope and Aiden put the baskets down and sit back, Hope sits beside Klaus and Aiden sits beside Hayley and they all take their drinks and a packet of snacks as Hope starts "So Lizzie and Josie were preparing for" Hope says and Hayley leans closer to Aiden and whispers to him.

"Who are Lizzie and Josie?" Hayley asks and Aiden smiles at her "They are Caroline's twin daughters, it's a long story but all you need to know is that Hope and the twins don't like each other, not even a bit," Aiden says and Hayley smiles and nods at him.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o