Prologue

The Westview Anomaly, as everyone decided to call it, was also referred to as an elaborate hostage situation.

Agent Tyler Hayward, a high ranking douche puppet from S.W.O.R.D, had called in a mess of people including the FBI, Army, Air Force Office of Special Investigations, Research Lab, and Space Command, as well as a van packed full of nerds from varying fields. And me? I was only here because I knew the woman who created all this. A last ditch attempt after an agent had gotten sucked into Westview.

"Monica looks fine, right? What's the worst that can happen if I go in too" I reasoned, gesturing to the screen.

"That's a terrible idea," Dr. Lewis said, frowning as she watched me.

"It's a great idea" I argued, leaving the building and heading for the barrier.

"Ms. Attwood-"

"I told you to call me Ollie, Agent Woo" I shouted, turning to look at him as I walked backwards towards the barrier.

"I say it's a good idea, maybe she can convince Maximoff to tear down the spell" Hayward butted in and I grimaced.

"Kinda makes me want to do it less, so I'm ignoring your approval." I shot back, pointing at him before turning to see where I was going.

The closer I got to the barrier the more I had to push down my nerves, breathing in deeply before closing my eyes and pushing through the Hex.

When I opened my eyes it felt like I had been transported to the 70s and I glanced down at my clothes, a frown fixing itself onto my face.

Thanks to whatever sitcom Wanda was mimicking this time, I wore a pastel pink peasant blouse with jeans that flared out at the bottom, making me look like a middle aged mom.

I huffed and started forward, making my way through the grassy fields until I found a deserted intersection that labelled the roads as Ellis avenue and Rolling Hill road.

I had studied a map of Westview closely enough to navigate through town, attempting to blend in and avoid alerting Wanda.

Fortunately, I ran into Monica first. She was walking on the sidewalk, heading towards Wanda and Vision's house and I hummed annoyedly at how she got a better looking outfit than I did.

"Monica Rambeau?" I asked softly, trying not to alert anyone else as I fell into step beside her. Her eyes whipped to me and widened, seemingly snapping her out of whatever spell Westview had her under.

"Are you from S.W.O.R.D?" She whispered, taking in my appearance.

I shook my head and glanced around before running a hand through my hair. "I'm not. I'm a friend of Wanda's and we thought maybe I could help convince her to bring it down?" My statement came out as a question and I sighed heavily.

"Great timing, honestly" she muttered back. We were about to walk up the front when a flash ran out, darting past. Monica's brow furrowed and she raised an eyebrow at me.

"Vision?" I offered and she nodded, coming to the same conclusion as me. We went up the walk and Monica knocked on the door, shooting me a look that clearly meant for me to follow her lead.

When the door opened I blinked in confusion at the outfit Wanda was wearing.

"Wanda, what's up?" Monica asked, eyeing the outfit. "It's 75 degrees out, you makin a fashion statement?" She asked, walking in.

"Hi Geraldine" Wanda greeted cooly before her eyes found me and she seemed to freeze, a sharp inhale audible even from where I stood.

"This is my friend Belle. She works with me." Monica said smoothly and I plastered on a smile.