Chapter 22 - November 15, 2016

Wanda had made chicken for dinner, heeding our begging and making mac and cheese to go with it. While we ate Pietro and I joked around like normal, although Wanda was being oddly quiet. She didn't even scold us when we dropped our plates in the sink and escaped the kitchen without cleaning them.

We all made our way to my room and I stretched a little, settling down on the blanket that seemed to live on the floor now.

"Didn't you win the race? Why are you on the floor?" Wanda asked and I blinked up at her.

"Oh, you were on my back so I figured I would let you have the bed and I could just bother Pietro down here on the floor" I told her and she frowned, looking over at her brother as he walked over to where I sat.

"I simply sided with you, I don't want you to be uncomfortable on the floor."

I waved her off, shaking my head. "I really don't mind, your brother makes a comfortable pillow. Plus-"

"Please" she said, breaking in. I cocked my head in confusion and she cleared her throat, looking over at my bed. "I don't want to take your bed from you again. It is your bed, plus there's plenty of room."

I thought about it for a second before nodding. She had a point. I used Pietro's shoulder to push myself off the floor and then climbed onto the bed, shifting around until I got comfortable, my knee pressing against Wanda's.

"Is there enough room for me?" Pietro asked, clambering to his feet.

"No you clingy loser, go make us some popcorn while we pick the movie" I ordered, eyeing the silver haired twin. He huffed but conceded, ruffling my hair before dashing off. I rolled my eyes after him and grabbed the remote, starting to skip through the movies on my netflix profile.

"You and Pietro are close, are you dating?" Wanda questioned, breaking the silence and I felt my face burn brightly as I shook my head frantically. She took in my reaction, eyes unblinking. "Do you like him? As more than a friend?"

Again, I shook my head. "We're just friends." I looked over at her, confusion filling me. "Couldn't you just read my mind to figure that out?"

"I've been trying not to do that, I don't want you to be angry with me again" she said softly and I smiled a little, looking down at the remote in my hands. "I'm just really touchy with my friends, I guess."

Wanda hummed, and I thought that might be the end of the conversation, turning my attention back to the TV and selecting Jumanji, ready to press play when the other twin showed himself.

It was silent until Wanda spoke again, her voice barely audible. "You don't do that with me. Or the others." The last part seemed hastily added and I bit my lip, shrugging.

"I guess I don't really spend as much time casually with the others. As for you, I suppose I wasn't sure if you were comfortable with it."

Wanda nodded, opening her mouth to say something when a blue blur entered the room, popcorn spilling all over the floor.

"Oh you asshole, clean it up" I whined, peeking over the edge of my bed to look at the mess.

"No, now let's watch the movie" Pietro demanded, pushing me over and settling on the edge of the bed. I rolled my eyes but simply scooted over a little bit, back resting against the headboard and leg pressed further against Wanda's.

I pressed the button to start the movie, taking a bowl of popcorn from the man invading my personal space.

Once the bowls were empty and discarded on the ground I glanced over at Wanda, seeing her frowning as she looked down at her hands, not paying one bit of attention to the movie. I felt my own lips pull into a frown, my stomach churning as I faced an internal battle.

After a moment I subtly turned my body towards Wanda, leaning down to rest my head against her shoulder. I felt her tense a bit and I sighed, about to pull away when her hand intertwined with mine, tugging me down to lay on her chest.

My heart fluttered at the action and I bit back a smile, forgetting the movie for a moment as I subconsciously snuggled closer, melting a little at the way Wanda's thumb rubbed circles on the back of my hand.

I glanced up at the woman's face. I hated to admit it, but she was a much better cuddler than Pietro, and she smelled like vanilla and sage. Wanda's face split into a grin, her nose scrunching up in an absolutely adorable way.

"Wanda, you stole my best friend" Pietro whined upon catching me cuddling with his twin instead of him.

"Oh shut up you overgrown child" I grumbled, using my feet to push him off the bed. He was sent to the floor with a thump and I pulled away from Wanda to look over the edge of the bed, a shit-eating grin on my face.

"You're so mean, I'm leaving" he huffed, climbing to his feet and sticking his tongue out at me before walking out of the room. I watched him go, chuckling a little at his antics.

"Well, I guess that's movie night over" I sighed, grabbing the remote and exiting out of the movie that had only just gotten past the middle.

"We could watch a show?" Wanda said, the unease in her voice making it sound like a question. I looked over to her, understanding immediately the fact that she had no desire to leave yet. I hummed, handing her the remote and laying down now that Pietro wasn't monopolizing part of the bed.

"JARVIS, turn the lights to ten percent." I told the AI, my eyes adjusting to the bright TV amongst the now dim room.

Wanda turned on the Dick Van Dyke show, setting the remote on the bedside table. She eyed me before starting to scoot away. I huffed, grabbing her hand and yanking her towards me.

"What-"

"You wanted touchy Ollie, you get touchy Ollie" I mumbled, opening my arms. She let out a soft chuckle, moving into my arms and nuzzling into my chest, staying there for a second before pulling back a little and turning around so she could see the TV.

I was extremely aware that I had initiated the contact, but a bout of nerves overtook me, my arm hovering over her as I was terrified of where to place it. The one she was laying on rested on the bed, but my other I heavily debated. Finally it was decided for me when Wanda grabbed my hand, intertwining it with hers and bringing it down to rest on her stomach.

"I may have to kick Pietro out of movie nights more often" I mumbled, my eyes fluttering closed. I had missed the feeling of cuddling like this with someone, and Wanda definitely did not disappoint.

Wanda hummed in agreement, her grip on my hand tightening a little.

"Maybe."