Chapter 65 - January 7, 2017

"Where even is this place?" I asked, eyes wide as I shifted on my feet excitedly. "I never got to visit in my timeline but I heard that it was super cool."

"It's not that impressive" Tony dismissed with an eyeroll. I sighed, annoyed that I had spent so much time around the man that I was able to pick up on said reaction despite the fact that he was wearing sunglasses.

"Are you sure you aren't just mad because the princess is smarter than you?" I teased, grinning at the scowl as it appeared on his face. I glanced around the quinjet, my brow raised. "And why does this feel more like a field trip than a mission?"

"It's not an official mission, so anyone who wanted to tagged along" Steve shrugged, although he shot Bucky an apologetic look.

"Even still, I believe Wakanda might be getting far more than they bargained for with this group."

The 'unoffical mission' in question was to bring Bucky to Wakanda. In order for Steve to get Bucky moved out of his cell he had to be cleared as not a threat, so Wakanda was contacted and asked for assistance. It was originally supposed to be the three of us who went on the original mission, plus Bucky, but instead we got joined by Tony, Peter, Wanda, Pietro and Bruce.

Tony had decided to tag along in an attempt to acquire vibranium for his next suit, Peter wanting to join us because he was curious about the rumored technology in the secretive country. Bruce was here for a similar reason as Bucky; hoping to find a more reliable way to control the Hulk, a member of the team I had still yet to meet. Wanda refused to sit this one out, reasoning that last time I almost died and that she would protect me this time. As for Pietro, he simply came because he was bored.

"Steve you're getting awfully close to flying us right into a forest" I pointed out, my grip tightening on the back of his seat.

"These were the king's instructions" he assured me, although his own voice sounded unsure. Everyone in the jet seemed to hold their breath before letting out an awed gasp as we went though a barrier, a large city appearing before us.

"This is amazing" I breathed, worried that if I blinked I would miss something. The scene before me hit me with a wave of regret that I had never gotten a chance to visit back in my own timeline.

As we landed in the futuristic city, I noticed a group of people waiting for us. My eyes went to the young man who stood between a woman and a young girl, instantly recognizing him as the king from my timeline. In this timeline, though, that seemed not to be the case as my gaze drifted to the man whose face I recognized from a TV broadcast that announced his death.

"Are we supposed to bow?" I whispered to Tony as we readied ourselves to exit the jet. The man simply scoffed.

Pietro appeared next to me, having heard my question. "We have to, he's a king right?"

"Why should I bow to him? He's not my king" Tony muttered and I shoved him a little, making him stumble as we walked out.

"T'Chaka, thank you for your help" Steve greeted the older man, shaking his hand firmly. I hesitated, slowly lowering myself into a messy version of a bow. Everyone did the same besides Tony who simply surveyed the city around us with his arms crossed over his chest.

"You can rise, we don't bow here" T'Chaka told us and Tony snorted.

"See. You look like an idiot now."

"At least I didn't look like an asshole in front of royalty" I shot back, although my face grew warm as I righted myself.

"I'm T'Chaka, the king of Wakanda. This is my wife Ramonda, my son T'Challa and my daughter Shuri" the king introduced, smiling at us.

I grinned at the youngest of the four, my desire to mess with Tony overcoming the caution one should probably have when speaking to royalty in a foreign country. "Aw look at that Tones, a kid Peter's age is smarter than you. How does that make you feel?"

"Are we sure we don't still have the receipt to return you?" He grumbled, making me laugh and nudge him with my shoulder.

"Don't feel bad, you tried your best" Shuri assured him with a smile and I bit my lip to keep from bursting into laughter. Peter's eyes widened and a conflicted look popped onto his face as he seemed to wrestle with the desire to protect his father figure and the desire to not get on the bad side of a princess.

"I like you" Tony hummed, pointing a finger at Shuri approvingly, shutting down Peter's inner turmoil.

"If you would come with me, Ayo will help you get started" T'Chaka told Steve. Bruce raised his hand hesitantly as if we were in a classroom, grabbing the attention of the king.

I was broken away from that conversation when a hand was placed on my shoulder, bringing my attention to the former king. Or, would he be counted as the future king?

"It seems as though you don't have a specific reason for being here. Would you like a tour of the city?" He glanced over at the Maximoffs, a genuine smile on his face. "You two as well."

I grinned widely, bouncing with excitement. "Let's do it!"