Chapter 20 - November 15, 2016

"You'll have to train with Wanda alone today, I have a mission with Clint."

I blinked, looking up at Nat. We had sat down, Pietro joining us at some point and obnoxiously crunching his bowl of cereal. I had tuned everything out in an attempt to spare his life.

"Oh, alright. Does she know?" I asked, going to drink my juice before realizing it was gone. I frowned and looked over at Pietro, my eyes pleading. He sighed and in a couple seconds my glass was full again.

"No, you'll have to tell her. You could also have the day off if you wanted."

I shook my head. "No, this is fine."

This would be the first time it would just be the two us training, but I didn't mind it. I loved training with Wanda, although I was sure she felt the opposite. I had mastered phasing but I still had no clue what else I could do, nor how I managed to get to New York City in less than a second.

Everything was a big question mark at this point, and it was pissing both me and Wanda off.

"Could I watch?" Pietro asked and I rolled my eyes.

"You'd be a distraction."

"I promise I'll be quiet."

I sighed, knowing he would follow me down no matter what so I nodded. He grinned, making me regret my decision. That being said, he was absolutely adorable.

"Good morning" a masculine voice said and I turned to see Clint and Wanda walk in, both already dressed for the day; a major improvement on the three of us.

To be fair, I had been out here since five and Nat since not long after. Pietro had no excuse.

"Hey Clint!" I chirped. I hadn't gotten to know him well in my timeline and I had only seen him once at the party. "I haven't seen you much. Spending time with the family?"

His steps faltered and his eyes found me, a guarded and high alert stance being executed. "How do you know about my family?"

"Chill, Barton, she's from the future. Of course she would know about them." Nat said and I nodded hastily.

"I met Laura and the kids at Stark's funeral. She was sweet and the kids are adorable."

He visibly relaxed as I said that. "I don't think we've met. I'm Clint, which you clearly know."

I smiled sheepishly and stood up, taking his outstretched hand in mine and shaking it. "Sorry, I'm Ollie. I kind of forget." The words 'that I don't belong here' were unsaid but hung heavily in the air as I sat back down.

"I hope to get to know you better" Clint nodded to me and I smiled, nodding back. The two former assassins looked at each other and nodded before leaving. I watched them go before turning over to look at Wanda, who was pouring the last drops of coffee into her signature red mug.

"Wands, it's just me and you today, Nat has a mission" I told her and she furrowed her brow, eyes meeting mine.

"Really?"

"Don't forget about me" Pietro chirped and I felt a weight on my shoulder as he leaned on me. I rolled my eyes but was unable to prevent the grin on my face.

"Yes of course, you too Sonic" I teased, poking him in the side. "But you can't train in pajamas."

"Neither can you" he said, shooting me a goofy smile before speeding away. I chuckled, standing to put my glass away. I caught sight of Wanda, who was frowning as she looked down into her mug.

"What's wrong?"

She looked up, blinking a couple times before a smile found its way onto her face, although it was clearly forced. "I'm okay. It's you, me and Pietro for training?"

I nodded. "He would have shown up anyway without Nat there to kick his ass."

She hummed, nodding a little and I frowned. Pietro was her brother so I know she loved him, but he had been joining us in watching movies and sitcoms all week and it was making me wonder if she was getting sick of him. Or maybe it was me she was sick of.

"You can just take the day off from training, it's fine. Me and Pie will just hang out and maybe I'll try and race him. You can have a break."

Wanda's eyes widened and she shook her head harshly. "No! I want to!"

I blinked a bit in surprise. "Alright, got it witchy. Meet you outside?"

The brunette nodded and I placed my glass in the sink before skipping out of the room, once again slipping a little on the fluffy socks.

I made my way to my room and changed into my training clothes before stepping out, my attention on my phone.

"Want a ride?"

I jumped a little at the voice, looking up to see the younger speedster. "Do I want a what?"

"Do you want me to carry you down? It's fun" he tried and I narrowed my eyes at him before humming and held my hands above my head. He grinned and picked me up bridal style before starting to run.

He was right, it was fun, although it was over far faster than I would have liked. He set me down in front of Wanda and I laughed gleefully, running a hand through my hair. "I still think I could beat you."

"You could not" Pietro denied and I stuck my tongue out, shaking my limbs out and getting into position.

"I totally could, come on, let's-"

"We need to train" Wanda broke in, her voice tinged with something akin to pure irritation. "Pietro if you are going to be a distraction then you should go back inside."

"I can be good" Pietro said quickly, sitting down on the ground. I covered my laugh with a cough, wiping my hands on my pants as I straightened myself up. Wanda narrowed her eyes at her brother before focusing on me.

"Are you ready?"

I gulped at her tone, clearing my throat. "I guess so."