Chapter 24

Again RM was filled with surprises and shock today. The meek and sanskari bahu of RM is raising her voice against the eldest member of the family!

When Arnav was called as Arvind Mallik, Mamaji had noticed the disbelief in the eyes of his Arnav bitwa as if how could his nani say that? The one thing that Arnav hated the most is being compared to his father and today his own Nani did that and he could feel the pain of his nephew. Whatever it was he didn't think calling him and comparing him to his dad was not something that could be justified according to him!

Shock was written all over his face of Arnav as he would never imagine Khushi would take a stand for him against his family members.

Nani (surprised) -" Khushi bitiya...."

Khushi " No don't even call me bitiya from your mouth, because you just use it at everyone but only your Anjali bitiya is the actual daughter of this house.

If anyone has to be compared with Arvind Malik then it has been your son-in-law Shyam Manohar Jha!! Despite being married he went around with other girls and got engaged to me. So Arnav should be the last person to be compared to his dad! he never cheated on his wife nor he was having any affairs outside marriage. They are not the same period!

He got married to me because of his sister which was not right in any scenario but with what right are you accusing him of all this? When we got married only I was subjected to punishment and silent war and unknowingly it was only my responsibility. Nobody I repeat nobody took a stand for me instead everyone was like we know chote is like that only! but what about you Khushi betiyaan?

If today we are in this situation then it's because of you Devyani Singh Raizada and Manorama Singh Raizada, it's your upbringing that has caused all this!

Nani couldn't believe what she was listening to. She couldn't digest the fact that she was responsible for all this. But how? she wondered.

In the case of Arnav as long as he fulfilled everyone's monetary expectations. No one asked him to seek help for his extreme behavior and anger issues and somehow you guys kept on justifying his behavior. His blind love for his sister has not only ruined her life but a part of his life as well. I became the collateral damage of this love.

If he was not anything then he is not a good husband or an understanding partner. But he always tried to be a good grandson and brother all his life. But I couldn't say the same thing to you on your parenting to both of your grandkids!

Your favorite granddaughter had issues in her leg but somehow everyone treated her like a porcelain doll and none was even suspicious of so many trips Shyam was making even though he was just a lawyer. Noone or even Mrs. Anjali Jha asked why he was constantly in the need of money when he claimed to be a famous lawyer. Why was no one from his office invited over for lunch or dinner? Everything was constantly ignored and turned blind eye to all these things which anyone could notice easily.

You never asked your granddaughter to be independent or think more practically in any situation. You made her weak without even letting her face anything in life and now she wants everything her own way! she has gone numb to others' feelings and wants to get things her way at any cost!

Why was I being told to stay away from your granddaughter when Shyam was the culprit? Everyone conveniently discarded me like a rag cloth as if I was the one responsible for him cheating on his wife.

I am called a gold digger, characterless, and trying to have an affair with the SIL of this house! Just because I come from a middle-class family, and I am married to your grandson right?

But Shyam was going behind other girls even before I entered his life. Does that mean Mrs. Anjali Jha was not able to keep her husband happy physically?

Arnav closed his eyes listening to Khushi's words as his sister and he had pushed Khushi to an edge as she was telling all this which she wouldn't utter otherwise.

Anjali (screamed)" How dare you?"

Khushi -" Don't shout Mrs. Jha, you have called me all sorts of names and characterless, I am just questioning using your analogy itself.

Mama stood helpless as the women of the house stood against each other with fury in their eyes.

Anjali -" No! No! everything is a lie. Arnav has paid someone to generate all this evidence and Mami has also heard you telling Shyam ji to leave me. So this is all your plan! first, you tried to trap Arnav and when that didn't work out you tried to trap NK and then you got married to Arnav. Because he did not give you enough importance, you tried trapping my Shyam ji but you were not successful! You are nothing but a characterless gold digger who could do anything for mone..

Before she could complete she felt a stinging sensation on her cheeks not once but twice!

Before family members could wrap their heads around what was happening, Khushi had slapped Anjali twice and stood her eyes filled with fury!

Khushi -" Shut the hell up, Anjali! I have not seen a bigger delusional fool than you! I am leaving RM this instant. The marriage was fake, my relationship was fake and you guys are the worst in-laws anyone could have. I am not going to stand and listen when I am not respected and my character is questioned every minute!