CHAPTER 13

At 4.30 a.m NK calls Arnav and informs him that Khushi might reach Delhi and another 45 mins or so and as he needs at least 20 mins to reach there he got up to freshen up and then left even though he knew he will be there early by 10 minutes he preferred doing so as he could wait for Khushi didn't want her to be waiting for him very early in the Railway Station for him or NK!!

Khushi came outside and looked here and there to see NK waiting for her but was surprised to see Arnav in his T shirt and Track pants leaning towards his car and waiting for her and as soon as he saw her he came towards her and took the bag from her hands and kept it in the car.Khushi sighed seeing this and got in to the car without saying anything...

IN CAR WHILE ARNAV DRIVING

Khushi:There was no need for you to come and pick me up knowing how much work you have at the office and at home these days...I would have booked a cab or auto to reach home..if NK was not available...

ASR(sighs):Khushi NK was available. It was me who asked him if I could pick you up because I wanted to...

Khushi:Okay

ASR:So how was your work at Lucknow?Did you finish the bank related work that you went to get it done?

Khushi(surprised):Please Arnav ji I know what you are trying to do you're feeling guilty for causing me pain and now you are trying to make it up by doing these things and also by showing the interest in my life I am fine with the way how it is now I don't want you to try making things right please I cant handle anymore if you keep doing these so let me just be...

ASR(hurt):What do you mean by your life Khushi?Don't I have any say in your life?Aren't our lives connected to each other?

Khushi looks at him surprised...

Khushi(laughs):Really?When did this happen?when you were asking for a 6 months contract wedding or when you were making my life hell with your words and behaviour....

Arnav just listens to her and keeps quiet...

Khushi(sighs):Look Arnav ji I don't want to fight or argue with you or anyone for that matter because I am tired of all these and I want to be myself so please don't force yourself on me or try to make things right because it's not a switch that you want to ruin it and then you press a button to correct it it happens so easily like you change channels on TV....and I am tired so please...

ASR:Okay sorry...

Khushi:Thanks for picking me up from the Railway Station....

And within 5 minutes they reached RM and Khushi got down and went straight towards her room where Arnav looked at the retreating figure and hit his hand on the steering wheel feeling so helpless about his current situation and the ways to make things right for Khushi...

Khushi went and took shower and came and laid on the bed to have a good sleep after so much travel and lack of sleep as there was no need to wake up early and prepare everything for the family like how she used to before who doesn't even care if she had food or not these days!! And closed her eyes and instantly sleep took over because of tiredness.

Arnav came and saw her sleeping and closed the door without making any noise and went to the study to do some work as he would not be able to sleep with these many things going on...especially between him and Khushi...

At 7.00 a.m

Arnav came to his room to see Khushi in a sound sleep and got ready after taking shower without making noise not wanting to disturb her and got ready and left the room closing the door and met NK in the hallway who was also there to join the family for breakfast....

NK:Nannav so what time did you reach here?

Arnav:By 5.45 a.m we were here NK!!!

NK:So where is Khushi ji?

Arnav:She is tired so she took a bath and is sleeping so I thought not to disturb her...

NK:Oh okay!!

ASR:NK once she wakes up can you make sure she has her breakfast and Lunch?

NK(smiles):Sure Bro....I will do that...

They proceeded towards the Dining table where already all were present and NK tried to hide his smile seeing Mami telling Nani and others that they will be going to the US for a few days and will be back soon...

IN THE DINING TABLE

Nani(surprised): But Manorama what is the need for you to go there now?? knowing the situation at the home?

Mami:Sasumaa...my sister is there over there and I haven't been there for a while and now that everything is fine I want to go there and within few months Anjali bitiya will deliver the baby and I want to be here during that time and I won't be able to go at least for few months after that so I thought its better I will go now and come.....

Arnav and NK kept themselves busy serving them breakfast and having as they know what will happen anyways...

But NK kept looking at Anjali for any kind of reaction and he guessed it right she was surprised with Mami's sudden decision and she was not very happy about it and he could tell by the way her face showed anger and disappointment seeing that Mami was now thinking of her own than her Anjali bitiya...serves her right!!Thought NK!!

Nani:But....

Manohar:Amma whatever has happened it's already done...people are in worse situations than this without having food and a place to live in and we can't think about the past and keep crying over it...there is a life ahead for all of us especially for Anjali bitiya and Arnav and Akash and their lives and it's time for Anjali bitiya also to understand and move on!!

Akash,Payal,Mami,NK,Arnav all looked at Manohar Shocked...for saying those words in front of Anjali...

Nani(shocked):Manohar...

Anjali heard her uncle's words and left the table with her half eaten food on the plate...untouched...without listening to Nani and Arnav calling her to finish food...

Nani(sadly):What is this bitwa?You knew about Anjali bitiya and still you said all these?why?

Manohar(sighs):Amma I know you all love her and I do too..but till when you will all try to hide this her from her and make her feel that nothing is wrong in her life some day she has to deal with it and come out of it and staying like this is not good for her nor her baby...she will become a mother in few months and if this goes on for few more days with so many questions and insecurity in her head what kind of mother she would be for her baby??

Akash:(shocked)Papa..stop don't talk anything about di like that...

Manohar looks at Arnav who was looking at him with confusion

Manohar(sighs):Arnav bitwa and Amma you may not understand it now but this is the fact the sooner you understand the better and this is best for everyone especially for Anjali bitiya's life...

He finishes his breakfast and leaves the dining hall to his room!!!