CHAPTER 6

Khushi came back from washroom to see Arnav in the same position on his knees she felt pain to see him like that with his eyes all red and hurt but she was tired of being sacrificial lamb for everyone and to use her for their own happiness. So she ignored his pleading eyes which was asking her to spk to him and took her position in bed and closed her eyes to sleep leaving Arnav completely shattered.
He kept looking at her God knows for how long until he couldn’t hold back and leaned to the bed and slept leaning to it in the sitting position to a disturbed sleep.
6.00 A.M
Khushi got up to see Arnav sitting and sleeping leaning to bed she sighed and went to washroom though she knew she was being heartless with him but she was too scared to get hurt again by him.

Khushi got ready and left downstairs and stood in front of her devimayya praying!!

Khushi(in mind):Devimayya...I always wanted happiness for others and my loved ones in this effort I am losing myself..for the first time I wanted to do something for myself...I  won't wish any bad for anyone for my state but plss be with me in the new journey!!!

With that she moved towards her room to see Arnav who had just woken up to see him looking at her longingly...as if trying to say something...but she din look in to his eyes and took her note book listing out the things that she needs to complete...

Arnav felt his mind totally blank he din know what he was supposed to do how he was supposed to convince her or seek forgiveness from her he din know...he had got a headache bcs of continuous stress he was in!!Soon he got ready to leave to his office sparing a glance at Khushi who was still busy doing something as if his presence din matter to her...!!

Once Arnav left Khushi released her breath that she was holding it till now...and took her purse and went outside....RM

Khushi went to  XXXXX bank ......

A peon came and asked her whom does she want to meet!!

Khushi:Ji I wanted to meet Bank manager ....My name is Khushi...
Peon: Ok Mam please wait....i will just call you in 10 mins....
Khushi: Okay...

After 10 mins Khushi was called inside Manager’s cabin....

Khushi: Namaste.....
Manager: Namaste.....tell me how can i help you?
Khushi: Sir Actually my father was working as one of the employees in your back around 19 years ago and he had his account and my account in ur bank in lucknow branch .When I recently went to my fosters parents place I found a receipt of my dads transactions in one land document years before and my aunt also told that my dad was depositing money to secure my future so I just wanted to know about the condition of the account....
Manager: Oh!!! Can you tell me the name of  ur dad ??
Khushi: Its Alok Nath gupta!!
Manager(surprised):So ur Aloknath’s daughter??Khushi beta???
Khushi:Sir??
Manager: I am Gopal ..beta ur dads colleague and frn..!!I din know I would meet you here like this!!
Khushi(surprised):Really??
Gopal(smiles):Yes beta I used to visit ur house when me and ur dad used to work together when u were just 3 years old I think....actually I am not from Lucknow I am from Tamilnadu...so I worked only for 2 years there and took transfer again back to my hometown and we lost touch and later after few years I got to know ur parents passed away in an accident and then I couldn’t meet or get in touch with u ppl as I din know anyone from ur family!!
Khushi(smiles):That’s ok Uncle...at least I found a frn of my dad here in Delhi...
Gopal (smiles):Just wait a minute I will just check about ur current status of the account....do u have the account no??
Khushi:Yes uncle I have his but I don’t know about my account...no..here it is....(she tells the account no)
Gopal:(smiles):That’s ok once we get ur dads account number we can get ur account number from lucknow branch.....give me 5 mins...

With that he calls Lucknow branch and instructs them something  and ends the conversation with them after 15 mins..

Gopal:(smiles)Khushi beta...in ur dads account there is 26lakh rupees which is currently deactivated because of no transaction from years but since the interest has been added over years it has become to such huge amount...and in ur account there is 13 lakh rs which is also currently deactivated. And the manager of lucknow branch told me that there is some locker of ur dad  in that bank which has some documents and some valuables which hasn’t been opened or used from many years....
Khushi sat shocked knowing that her dad had saved for her future so much and she din even know that until recently she had almost 40lakh of her own to say as her’s without anybody telling her gold digger  or showing any pity for that matter...
Khushi(in tears):Thank you Uncle this really means a lot!!
Gopalnath(smiles):How are you doing beta??I see ur married!!!are you working or studying??
Khushi(smiles):Yes uncle I am married...I am planning to do my masters in business management outside so planning to write exam ...this time...
Gopal(smiles):That’s nice....Khushi beta just go to lucknow branch with ur birth certificate and ur id proof so that u can tell them ur alok’s daughter and allow you to use the locker and see the contents of the locker..I will tell the manager saying that u will be coming there he will help u with the procedures is that fine??
Khushi(smiles):Ok uncle I want to activate the account of both of us..what should be done...
Gopal: For that u just have to fill some forms in Lucknow branch and transfer the money from ur dads account to urs and if u stay here in Delhi u can transfer the account from Lucknow branch to ur nearest Delhi branch which will help u with the transactions...
Khushi(smiles):Thanks a lot uncle I will leave to Lucknow tmrw itself...
Gopal:(smiles)Okay beta here is my no...call me if u need anything...
He gives his contact number...
Khushi(smiles):Okay uncle thanks a lot!!

Khushi left from back smiling finally she found a reason to smile not bcs of money that was saved in her account but somewhere she was content thinking that her dad her own had saved money for her future  use and not to get in to pity glances or to remind again and again for using other’s money....

Khushi(in mind):Thank you...papa...u might have had some dreams about me to get me educated  now I will fulfill that ur daughter will do her masters without anybody’s help and I will be independent...not depending on anyone for that matter!!!

Thinking so Khushi went to temple and thanked her devimayya for showing some path indicating that everything is not lost yet!!its not that money played a significant role in her life but she was worried thinking about her future after the contract with no job or money and now she can use this money for her coaching and studies without wasting a single rupee from it!!!