Episode 4

The silence at the eating table was suffocating. Taehyung never had a silent feast before. He remembered, he always chatted a lot during their meal and his apaa would scold him to eat quietly. He missed his father a lot. His father was his role model, handsome, strong, and daring. What a father he had! 

Taehyung was peeking at Namjoon, pleading to talk about something but Namjoon stared at him sternly. It was the royal etiquette not to talk during the meal. The awkward silence cut down when the door to the hall opened and pitter-patter steps walked in.

Jungmin stopped on his feet when he felt unknown eyes on him. Taehyung, Namjoon, Hoseok, and Jungkook were seeing him with soft eyes. Jungmin became shy and put his hands on his eyes.
Taehyung's head snapped in Jungkook's direction when he heard his melodic giggles.
Jungkook stood up from his seat and crouched down to pick Jungmin in his arms. He kissed his head and walked back.

Taehyung smiled to see the affection. But deep down he felt a little hurt to know that Jungkook is married. No, no he didn't have the intention to fall in love with Jungkook but he felt a little crush, the tiniest crush.

" Meet my son, Prince Jungmin," Jungkook announced while taking a seat, Jungmin in his lap.
Jungmin put his hand down with red cheeks.
" H-hello." He waved his hand.
" Hello Prince Jungmin, I am Namjoon, it's very nice to meet you." Jungmin giggled when Namjoon bowed his head dramatically…

Jungmin eyes stopped on Taehyung. Taehyung waved with his boxy smile. Which flutters the son and father's hearts.
Jungmin squirmed out of Jungkook's lap and walked in Taehyung's direction, at the far end of the table. Jungkook shook his head knowing very well what Jungmin is doing, his son had eyes for beauty.

" H-hello. Me Jungmin." The three-year-old boy moved his hand forward to "Royal hello". The thing he learned in today's lesson.
Taehyung giggled." Hello, my prince. I am Taehyung." Taehyung put his hand on Jungmin's small ones.
Jungmin moved his hand close to his mouth in a try of kissing him but ended up coating his knuckles with saliva.
" You are prwwty prwwty." Jungmin expressed leaving the table to laugh at his statement.

Taehyung pulled him near and kissed him on the forehead.
" You too are the handsome ones," Taehyung mumbled softly.
Jungkook was watching the scene with a grin. It was Jungmin's first interaction with any outsider other than the people of the Royal House.

" Dawda, Can Jungmin sit here?" Jungmin spoke loud enough to be heard By Jungkook. Jungkook gave a subtle nod and Jungmin climbed on a seat but before he settled himself on a chair, Taehyung picked him up and made him sit on his lap.
Jungmin giggled and both fluff balls began to eat. Taehyung was so happy to have someone to talk to during the meal. They both were whispering and laughing with each other completely ignoring the existence of the other three males, who were staring at with different eyes.
One with hesitant eyes, one with hopeful eyes, and one with eyes saying 'yes kids are his weakness.'

Hoseok closed his eyes with a smile " Jimin, will you forgive me if I tell you that I can see you in someone near me?" He thought and prayed for Jimin's soul.

~~

" What happened to Azure?" Jungkook asked, sipping on herbal tea.
Jungkook, Namjoon, and Hoseok decided to talk in the Royal room. Namjoon requested to talk alone as he wanted Taehyung not to know anything about his father.

" Azure wiped out like other towns and cities. They are not stopping anywhere. I am scared that they will be here at any moment. They are unstoppable." Namjoon sighed.

" They can't enter our territory. Hell, they can't even cross the boundary of the forest." Hoseok snickered.

" What about Governor Baekhyun? Why didn't he come with you?"
" Governor mumbled something like he doesn't have the strength to face you all."
Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows.
" Governor is no more. They are not the ones to leave anyone alone. As I know our governor can't be manipulated easily."
"May his soul rest in peace," Jungkook mumbled.