𝖎𝖝. 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝖇𝖔𝖞 𝖜𝖆𝖑𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌

Finding out that there's a monster in the woods that killed a Nevermore student was a shock to the system

Finding out that there's a monster in the woods that killed a Nevermore student was a shock to the system. Some people had a harder time coming to terms with the revelation than others.

"A monster?"

"Yes. It killed Rowan right in front of me."

"A monster!"

"Enid, she's told us about a hundred times that it was a monster. How many more times do you need to hear it?"

"How are you so casual about finding out there's a monster lurking in the woods right next to our school?"

"We literally go to a school for monsters, freaks and outcasts. What exactly were you expecting?"

What was even more shocking, was the claimed 'murder victim' showing up on the doorstep of Nevermore looking completely unharmed. Most students thought that this obviously disproved Wednesday's 'monster-in-the-woods' theory, believing she had been lying for attention or some other unknown reason. Persephone knew better. Wednesday doesn't have to lie to get attention. She attracts it wherever she goes.

"So you believe my sister?" Hades questions her as they eat lunch together outside. They had their backs leaning against the trunk of a sturdy tree, their legs spread out in front of them.

"Yes, I do. Do you believe her?" Persephone responds.

"Of course I do. My sister is many things, but a liar is not one of them." Hades didn't really know or care who Rowan was, but he always loves a mystery. And a dead guy not being dead, what could get more mysterious than that?

"But I don't understand why Rowan tried to kill Wednesday." Persephone mutters, leaning her head back against the tree. Wednesday had confessed to Persephone that Rowan used his telekinesis to cause the gargoyle to fall. "Or how he's still alive."

"I don't care, he won't be alive much longer." Hades responds darkly, eyes glowering as he remembered how Rowan almost killed Persephone. He didn't deserve to live after putting her life in danger. He had already planned numerous ways to slowly torture and kill him to make sure he endured the most excrutiating pain.

Persephone smiles weakly at him. "If you kill him now, we won't be able to know how he's still alive." Hades groans, infuriated that his murder plans were now on hold. But Persephone had a point. The whole situation is confusing. How can someone be brutally killed by a monster, then be completely fine the next morning? Hades sighs, trying to think of any similar cases of people rising from the dead.

"My Uncle Fester was electrocuted in the bathtub by his wife on their honeymoon." He recalled suddenly, memories flooding back to him.

Persephone burst out laughing at the bizarre comment. "She sounds fun."

"Yeah, she would've fit right in with the family if she wasn't just after our money." Persephone admired how close the Addams family are. They may be a bit creepy and kooky, but they're a more functional family than most. "But my point is, I've never heard of anyone actually dying and then coming back to life. And Wednesday described the attack graphically. There was definitely no way he could have survived it."