𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖇𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖉𝖌𝖊𝖘

"These are some sweet digs

"These are some sweet digs." Fester exclaims, staring out of the large stained window. "How'd you swing your own single?"

"I didn't." Wednesday replied, sat at her desk with Hades and Persephone stood behind her. They were waiting to see if the Hyde was the monster they were dealing with.

"My area is up those stairs." Persephone explains, gesturing in the right direction.

"Our other roommate couldn't handle my toxic personality." Wednesday adds, flicking through the chronicles of countless species of outcast. "Here it is. Faulkner describes Hydes as artists by nature, but equally vindictive in temperament. Born of mutation, the Hyde lays dormant until unleashed by a traumatic event or unlocked through chemical inducement or hypnosis. This act causes the Hyde to develop an immediate bond with its liberator, who the creature now sees as its master. It becomes the willing instrument of whatever nefarious agenda this new master might propose."

The students let the disturbing information sink in as Fester speaks up, "Anyone willing to unlock a Hyde is a next-level sicko."

Wednesday comes to a troubling realisation. "That means we're not looking for one killer..."

Persephone face drops in shock. "We're looking for two." She looks at Hades who has an uncharacteristically serious expression.

"The monster and its master." He finishes with a sigh. This mystery just became more complicated.

A knock at the door interrupts the group's racing thoughts and sends them into panic mode. They are breaking school rules and legal rules with Hades and Fester in here. Wednesday quickly shoves the papers out of view and calmly walks to the door while Persephone forcefully shoves Hades up the stairs to her loft. Miss Thornhill walks in uninvited as Persephone leans against a wooden beam trying to act as natural as she can (p.s. she's not the best at acting).

"I didn't mean to startle you." Miss Thornhill says apologetically as Wednesday looks over her shoulder to discover her uncle had disappeared and her brother was nowhere to be found. She locks eyes with Persephone who subtly gestures upwards to where Hades is hiding.

"I was just working on my novel." Wednesday lies smoothly.

Thornhill turns her attention to Persephone, whose mind has suddenly gone blank. "I- I was... doing something."

"She was helping me." Wednesday butts in to save her friend, making Persephone nod along frantically in agreement. "I needed information about plants."

Miss Thornhill accepts the excuse and clasps her hands together. "Enid has requested to room with Yoko for the rest of the school year."

"She did?" Persephone asks, walking over to stand with Wednesday who looks equally shocked. They thought Enid was giving them empty threats and hoped she would forgive and forget soon.