𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖞 𝖜𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗

Wednesday and Bianca brush past each other; one wearing a smug smirk, the other wearing a blank expression

Wednesday and Bianca brush past each other; one wearing a smug smirk, the other wearing a blank expression. The Addams siblings (with occasional input from Persephone) had been scheming all night to ensure the Poe Cup would not end up in the hands of Bianca Barclay.

"We're all set." Enid informs the gothic girl excitedly as the three girls meet up before the race. She's hopeful that she may actually win this time.

"Good. Thing's in position." Wednesday replies before eyeing Persephone. "You know what to do?" Persephone nods once in confirmation.

"Wanna tell me what you guys have been up to all night?" Enid inquires, having been kept in the dark about the trio's plans.

"Oh, E. That would spoil the surprise." Persephone remarks as Wednesday nods in agreement.

"Speaking of surprises, your costume's in the tent!" Persephone is sure that Enid will burst from eagerness while Wednesday's face is full of panic.

"Costume?"

◇ ◇ ◇

"Oh, wow!" Hades exclaims as his sister emerges from the tent in a latex bodysuit and cat ears. "Sephy! Take a picture!" He throws an arm over his sister's shoulder, pulling her closer as he grins smugly. Persephone quickly pulls out her phone and snaps a few photos. She even manages to get some action shots of Wednesday almost dislocating Hades' shoulder as she removes his arm from around her. The slightly pained boy groans, "Did you get it, Seph?"

He stumbles over to her as she holds out her phone to show him the photos. "Yes, I got it, honey." She pats his cheek teasingly, before her face morphs into one of concern. "How's your shoulder?"

Hades rotates his arm to try and ease some feeling back into his shoulder. He winces but manages to grit out, "It was worth it."

"OMG, you look purr-fect!" Enid squeals, joining Wednesday in the cat costume with dark lipstick and painted whiskers on her cheeks. "Only thing, where are your whiskers?" She looks over her shoulder at her other roommate, who is adding her new Hades photos to her designated album.  "Persephone! You were supposed to be on whisker duty!" She scolds, placing her hands on her hips.

"I valued my life too much to even attempt to go near her with a paint brush." Persephone replies, trying to avoid looking at Wednesday's sour expression. She didn't know why they had given her another artsy task. They obviously hadn't learned from her disastrous attempt at painting the boat

"A wise choice. I know 100 ways to kill someone with a paint brush." Wednesday warns before turning to Enid. "Ask me that again, and you'll be down to eight lives... and you'll be needing a new paint brush."

"Seph, your costume is also in the tent." Enid informs her friend with a smirk. Persephone, who knew she wasn't part of the team that would be rowing, hadn't been expecting to have to wear the same costume as everyone else.