𝖝𝖑𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖈𝖗𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖕𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙

Persephone was not pleased

Persephone was not pleased. Wednesday had been expelled which meant that Hades had won their bet... Oh, and she had lost a roommate and a friend. Hades and Persephone had been spared from expulsion but that didn't mean they were completely off the hook. Persephone's punishment was to be orchestrated by Miss Thornhill, who was more than happy to subject the girl to helping out around the greenhouse the next morning. Persephone believed that her sentence was very lenient compared to Wednesday's. Hades was anxious that he would be separated from the girl as he had become reluctant to let her out of his sight.

Wednesday had snuck out one final time to visit Xavier in his cell. It was her last attempt to find any information about what Tyler might be up to. Unfortunately, but unsurprisingly, Xavier was unwilling to help the girl who had falsely accused him of being a monster and helped put him in jail. The group was at a dead end. Wednesday was leaving Hades and Persephone at the school with no knowledge of what was coming. A physical pain ached in the goth girl's heart as she felt like she was abandoning her family at the school and leaving them vulnerable to this attack. She felt so powerless, a feeling that she doesn't particularly enjoy.

Enid, Hades and Persephone were helping Wednesday pack away her stuff. So many memories being encased in black trunks. Wednesday's iconic typewriter dinged as it was shut inside its case, and Persephone realised she would miss the familiar mechanical ticks it would make. Enid sadly picks up one of Wednesday's taxidermied works. "I can't believe I'm going to miss your creepy, lifeless eyes waking me up every morning. It won't be the same without you." Persephone can't tell whether the statement was meant for the disturbing creature or for Wednesday as the comment works for both of them.

Wednesday takes a deep breath, steeling herself for her next words. "So I assume you'll be moving in with Yoko. Leaving me in the past."

"Not ever. I'm not abandoning Sephy again." Enid denies passionately. "What about you? Will you forget about us?"

"Enid... the mark you have left on me is indelible." Wednesday begins, making Enid tear up at the significant words. "Anytime I grow nauseous at the sight of a rainbow or hear a pop song that makes my ears bleed, I'll think of you."

Enid tries to hold back her emotions. "Thanks. I guess."

"And Persephone..." Persephone looks up in surprise, not expecting Wednesday to mention her. "You and I are more than friends... we're like a really small gang." Persephone giggles at the small joke as Wednesday tries her hardest to make her next words as sincere as possible. "Thank you for having my back... Amiga."

Persephone smiles sadly, knowing that she would miss Wednesday and all the crazy trouble she tangles herself in. "My life was pretty boring until you two psychos showed up." Persephone nudges Hades, who stands next to her and wraps his arm around her shoulder. "Thank you for all the near-death experiences, Amiga."

Wednesday turns away to grab something but discreetly wipes away a tear that was trying to escape her eye. "I always believed relying on other people to be a sign of weakness. That inevitably they would lead me to disappointment. Turns out I've been the disappointment."