𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝖒𝖊

While Wednesday went to Principal Weems' office to inform her of the break-in, Hades took Persephone up to her room

While Wednesday went to Principal Weems' office to inform her of the break-in, Hades took Persephone up to her room. She was still weak from the effects of the Sleeping Nightshade and Hades was still extremely protective of her. He had his arm wrapped securely around her waist as she clung to his shoulder. Her leg wound was also bothering her again after the attacker kicked her.

"I feel so pathetic." She grumbles, frustrated that she had been poisoned and weakened by an unknown assailant. She also couldn't shake the feeling that she had forgotten an important detail. Her memories were fuzzy and jumbled into a chaotic mess, a side effect of the poison. So she couldn't give Wednesday any information about the attack. The only thing she could see is red.

"Why would you say that?" Hades asks her, outraged that she would think that of herself.

Persephone sighs as she tells Hades all her self-loathing thoughts. "I couldn't tell Wednesday who broke in. I couldn't stop myself from getting poisoned. I just feel a bit... useless."

"Sephy, you are anything but useless." Hades protests fiercely. "It's not your fault that any of this happened."

"I can't even walk to my own room without having someone help me." Persephone exclaims. "I'm just a burden to you."

Hades stops walking and turns to face the girl, cupping her cheek with his free hand. "You're not a burden. A burden is something you are forced to carry against your will. I choose to be a part of your life. You will never be a burden to me." Persephone stares up into his beautiful eyes, seeing nothing but desperation for her to believe every word he says.

"Thank you for taking care of me." She smiles lovingly at the boy who has always been there for her.

"I'll always take care of you." He replies affectionately, leaning down to kiss her nose which scrunches at the contact. Small giggles erupt between the two before they continue with their journey. Hades slows their pace as the door comes into view. "I should warn you, your room was trashed by the intruder." His expression darkens as his thoughts are clouded with anger and a hunger for revenge.

"I can deal with anything when I've got you with me."

◇ ◇ ◇

The damage was worse than she thought it would be. She wondered if Wednesday had accidentally set off a bomb... Or intentionally set one off. Because this place looked like a bomb site. Whoever her attacker was, they did a thorough search to find what they came for and stopped at nothing to get it.

"Please tell me my loft was left untouched." Persephone grimaces at the sight of the dorm, eyes scanning every inch to find something that wasn't damaged or destroyed.

Hades winces at her plea, knowing that the mess upstairs was even more disastrous. "If I told you that, I would be lying. And I really don't want a relationship based on deception."