𝖑𝖎𝖛. 𝖘𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖘𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝖘𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖜

Principal Weems' office seemed dull and lifeless without the woman there

Principal Weems' office seemed dull and lifeless without the woman there. Her absence in the school will be greatly noticed by the entire school. As Persephone stands at Wednesday's side staring at the uninhabited desk, she can feel a wave of remorse hit her. Weems always tried to do what was best for the school. Sometimes her methods could be unethical and she did tend to go about things the wrong way, but no one could refute that her priority was Nevermore and its students.

Enid approaches the two girls apprehensively before halting next to them. She is then the one to break the respectful silence. "I hate to admit, but I am gonna miss Principal Weems."

"She could be a real pain." Wednesday states in her usual monotonous tone. "But she was tough. And she died for the one thing she truly loved, this school. For that I have immense respect."

"She was one of us." Enid declares before the trio turn on their heels and head to the doors. Persephone is the last one to leave, hesitating with her hand resting on the door handle. She can't help the guilt that gnaws away at her heart. She is filled with regret and wonders if she could have prevented the shapeshifter's death. She should never have trusted Thornhill.

Shutting the doors feels like finishing a book which ended in tragedy, closing the book and not knowing how to feel. This wasn't the way they had planned or wanted things to go, but there was no turning back time. Time to close that chapter and start a new one.

Persephone runs to catch up to her friends as they are each preparing to leave. "Now that classes are cancelled for the rest of the semester, you both have to come visit me in San Francisco. I can pretty much guarantee fog and drizzle every day."

"Sounds tempting." Wednesday responds unenthusiastically to Enid's offer. "Bianca. I owe you a thank-you." The goth girl stops the siren as she is walking past and the two exchange grateful expressions.

"We're getting that fencing title next year. So don't let killing one supernatural pilgrim get to your head." Bianca genuinely smiles as she backs away. Enid runs off to chat with some of her friends as Wednesday heads upstairs to have a much-needed conversation with Xavier. This left Persephone by herself until she sensed a familar presence trying to sneak up on her.

"Don't even think about it." She warns, smirking to herself as she hears a defeated groan.

"Can't you just pretend to be scared?" Hades asks as she spins around to see a pout on his face. "Just once? For me?"

"And have a relationship built on deception?" Persephone teases, wrapping her arms around his body to rest her chin on his chest. She gazes up at him through her lashes as she taunts him. "Never, Mon Cher."

"So, Cara Mía..." Hades trails off as he cradles her face delicately. "I believe I won the bet."

Persephone scoffs. "I don't think so. I am certain I just saw Wednesday wandering around the school. Thus she is not expelled anymore."