𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝖘𝖍𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖆 𝖒𝖚𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖗

"I've been thinking about my less-than-enthusiastic response to your surprise soirée

"I've been thinking about my less-than-enthusiastic response to your surprise soirée." Wednesday's voice rings out across the dorm to reach Enid, who was lounging on her bed. "And I must admit, I regret not showing my gratitude towards you more appropriately.

Enid sits up on her bed happily. "You really mean it?"

"Take the win, Enid." Then her dark eyes avert up to the loft where Persephone's head peaks over the edge. "You too, Persephone. If only there were a way for us to get off campus and have a little birthday redo. Just three best friends. Too bad the school is on lockdown." Persephone finds this situation highly suspicious. She has a feeling this has nothing to do with their disastrous failure of a party. "Would you look at that full moon..."

"Oh, how about I say I'm about to wolf out and get a pass to the lupin cages? And say that you two volunteered to lock me in." Enid squeals excitedly as Persephone groans. She'd rather just stay in bed but her instincts tell her that Wednesday is sniffing up trouble.

"My deviousness has finally rubbed off on you." Wednesday comments and Enid lets out a sweet giggle. "Thing? You know what to do, right?" She gets a thumbs up in reply and motions for Persephone to come downstairs.

"Looks like we're going on a midnight venture." The brunette mumbles to herself, pulling on some boots and grabbing a warm jacket.

"Oh, we should wear our snoods." Enid suggests, to the disgust of the other two girls.

Wednesday feigns innocence. "Oh, I... I believe I left mine at fencing."

"Actually, you left yours at the Weathervane." Enid corrects perkily, holding out the black snood. "Luckily, Bianca brought it back."

Persephone sniggers at Wednesday's dismayed expression before the goth girl sends her friend a discreet glare. "Like a monkey's paw." With snoods in hand, the girls head off for a late night adventure.

◇ ◇ ◇

A car comes to a halt outside the gates of Nevermore and quickly shuts off its lights. Wednesday strides over to it and gets in swiftly, Enid and Persephone left to follow behind. The two girls slide into the back seat on either side of the car, only to be met with Tyler as their driver.

"Wait, he's our Uber driver?" Enid asks with scrunched eyebrows.

"Uber driver?" Tyler repeats as Persephone slumps in the seat. She knew this whole thing sounded suspicious. "I thought we were going on a date."

"I thought this was a girls' night out."

"There's been a change of plans." Wednesday replies ominously.

"Okay, what's up with the weird matching hoodie scarf things?" Tyler questions, eyes flickering between the three girls.

"Don't ask." Persephone groans.