𝖑𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖒𝖎 𝖆𝖒𝖔𝖗, 𝖒𝖎 𝖛𝖎𝖉𝖆

"W-Where's Wednesday?" Enid asks the group of Nightshades in front of her, her voice wavering as she notices their solemn expressions

"W-Where's Wednesday?" Enid asks the group of Nightshades in front of her, her voice wavering as she notices their solemn expressions. "A-And Persephone? And Hades?" She gasps in shuddering breaths as the group exchange looks among themselves, no one quite willing to admit the truth to the traumatised girl. All hope seems lost for Enid, until she spots four shadowy figures in the distance.

Enid pushes through the crowd, pausing at the edge to ensure she wasn't getting her hopes up. Then she sprints towards the group, not hesitating to launch herself at her two roommates. Wednesday pushes the girl away as the rest of the school runs up behind them. Enid's eyes water as she gazes at her best friends and Persephone knows that Enid needs this reassurance. The brunette wraps her arms around the two girls, as Wednesday reciprocates the hug. The trio cherish the hug, tears slipping down their cheeks as they relish in the comfort they feel. They rock from side to side and grip onto one another, as though they could slip through each other's fingers. Hades wears a proud smile on his face as the students of Nevermore gaze upon the rare public display of affection from the goth girl.

Persephone decides to let Enid have the hug she has been trying to give Wednesday since she arrived at the school. She steps away to stand beside Hades who wraps her in a hug of his own. He presses a kiss to the side of her head as she relaxes under his touch. It had been a long and stressful day and she had a lot of things to process. But that was tomorrow's problem. For today, she was content to recline into the arms of the boy she loves and ignore the shitshow of a day they have had.

◇ ◇ ◇

The exhaustion of the day caught up to Persephone quickly. It's not everyday that you bring someone back from the dead and then battle a zombie pilgrim who was revived by your teacher. As the students trekked back into the school, her body gave in to the fatigue and she collapsed fully into Hades' arms.

Hades was quick to sweep the girl off her feet and lift her safely into his arms. What a sight it was to see. Big, Bad Hades Addams, the knife enthusiast, practically melting into a puddle of giddy smiles at the touch of his girl. To those who dared to glimpse at them, it was like Death himself was carrying a fallen angel. A sight to see indeed.

He felt nothing but satisfaction and relief now that he had taken his revenge against the person who had poisoned Persephone. That woman would no longer hang over their heads like a dark cloud. Yet the damage she had done to their minds would not be healed by her defeat.

Unsurprisingly, sleep evaded Hades and Persephone that night. She felt the panic rising in her chest every time she went to close her eyes. The image of Hades violently thrashing in her arms as he lay dying was imprinted on the back of her eyelids, clear as day. Then there was the question of how exactly she was able to bring him back? Her mind was too loud, each thought trying to drown out the other until eventually she was suffocating under waves of her own creation.

"Sephy? Are you awake?" Hades whispers to the girl, who rolls over to face him.

"What gave it away?" She replied, eyes heavy from the exhaustion of the day.