9

You're kidding?" Jeremy guffawed loudly.

Elena shook her head with a matching grin, "No, he said 'chunky monkey', I swear."

"Well, all I can say is that I'm glad it was you who saw him naked and not me." He didn't even want to imagine how awkward it would have been to bump into his very naked history teacher in the hall in the middle of the night.

Elena snorted into her coffee cup.

Jeremy looked up at the sound of rapid knocking on the front door. Exchanging a surprised look with his sister, he glanced down at his watch to check the time.

"It's barely six thirty," He complained, but nevertheless dragged his body out of the kitchen stool to answer the door.

"I can get it, Jere," Elena said quickly.

Rolling his eyes at his sister's over-protectiveness, he ignored her, shuffling his way down the hall and twisting the door-knob to open it.

His eyebrow's lifted at the sight that greeted him, "Rei?"

The pixie sized, black-haired girl shifting impatiently from foot to foot on his porch beamed up at him brightly.

"Jeremy!" She grinned happily, an almost palpable energy surrounding her that made him tired just to look at. "Good Morning," She chirped, and, without another word, invited herself inside.

He blinked.

What the hell?!

Shutting the door behind him, not knowing what else to do, he turned around only to see a take away coffee cup being held up two inches from his nose.

"Coffee?" Rei asked.

Jeremy scowled; that wide-eyed stare didn't fool him for a second. Call it younger sibling intuition, but he saw straight through that annoyingly believable innocence to the laughter that was lurking there effortlessly.

"Jere?" He heard his sister call, her voice a little worried. "Who is it?" Before he had the chance to answer, Elena walked through the open doorway, her brown eyes landing on their early morning guest with clear confusion. "Rei, were we expecting you?" Jeremy just shrugged at the look she shot him. Really, how was he supposed to know why she was here?

"No," Rei smiled reassuringly at his sister and Jeremy couldn't help but glare at the back of her head.

Why was she being so polite now? She'd had no problem teasing him just a moment ago. Sure, it had been a silent teasing but…it was six thirty in the morning! Shouldn't she be more considerate?

"Oh," Elena was clearly at a loss for words at the simple denial.

"Coffee?" Rei held up the same cup she'd only just offered him in his sister's direction and he could only watch with shock as Elena's face abruptly softened and she nodded her thanks, reaching out a hand to accept the beverage.

"I thought that was my coffee?" He raised an eyebrow when she turned around to look up at him.

Elena watched them in silence, hiding her smile behind what she quickly realised was a store-bought cappuccino.

Rei sighed loudly, as if put upon, "Don't worry little Gilbert, I got you one as well, no need to sulk." And she pulled out a second cup from a tray that he hadn't even noticed she was holding.

Looking down at the offering, he glanced between it and her small smirk of amusement with clear indecision before finally, with a long drawn out sigh; he capitulated.

"I was not sulking," He couldn't help adding as he quickly took the cup. Her answering over-exaggerated nod combined with Elena's snort of laughter not helping his wounded pride in the least.