6. Coaching under MSD

"Tu bura fasa hai re" Virat stated, making Rishabh look at him with narrow eyes "I wish you condolences already"

"Aap maze le rahe ho na. Darane ke liye bol rhe ho na" Rishabh asked him meekly.

"I am absolutely serious Rishabh. Jitna aalsi tu hai na, saara aalas bahar aa jayega tera"  Virat added, further scaring Rishabh.

"But ek baat puchhu? Are you serious about training? " Virat asked.

Rishabh nodded "Haan. Mujhe aapki tarah banna hai"

"If cricket is your passion, you will love Mahi bhai being your coach, he might be overbearing, taskmaster kind of, but he is an excellent teacher" Virat stated.

"How do you know all this? Did Mahi bhai train you too? "

"No. But I was in the same academy, I've seen him coaching people so I just know" Virat told.

Virat had left for ipl, it was starting a week later. Rishabh was disheartened at the idea of him leaving but he made peace with the fact that he will get to see him play after a long time.

A week into the academy with MSD and Rishabh was done with the idea of having Mahi bhai as coach. Right after entering the field, he would make him run 10 laps around the ground for warm-up, then do some stretching and squats and then finally go for wicket-keeping drills and batting drills.

He had to reach the academy right at 4 or Mahi bhai would either increase the laps to 20 or ask him to run carrying the kitbag. He had already experienced the pain twice. He put forward his best puppy eyes and best whiny skills to get away but it was like Mahi bhai had no effect of those things, at all.

Today was one such day, Mahi bhai had made him run double laps and his legs were hurting badly. And he was angry at Mahi bhai too, he was just 5 minutes late, why did he have to punish him like that?

Now he was showing his protest by not coming to the dinner table. Mahi bhai called him twice but Rishabh stood on his ground. This time he heard another knock on his door, then he heard Mahi Bhai's voice "Open the door Rishabh".

Rishabh grumbled, Mahi bhai was still on the coach mode, but this is not his academy where he could command him like this and he would obey " pyaar se bolo pahle" Rishabh shouted.

MS fisted his hand, Rishabh was testing his patience. But he knew he won't open till he spoke calmly, in a way he was too much like Virat, Virat also did the same when he got angry with him, so he swallowed his pride and spoke calmly "Rishu bachcha, open the door please"

"Looks too fake bhaiya, I'm not convinced, ek baar aur try karo" Rishabh teased.

"I am running out of patience Rishabh, open the damn door " Rishabh knew Mahi bhai was serious now, any more teasing could lead him to trouble, so he got up and opened the door.

As soon as the door opened, MS grabbed his wrist and dragged him out of the room. "Itni der se bol rha hoon baat samajh nahi aa rhi? "

"Nahi khana mujhe khana bhaiya, nahi hai mujhe bhookh. Ye aapki academy nahi hai, aapki hitler-panti nahi chalegi yahaan" Rishabh grumbled.

"I don't care tujhe bhookh hai ya nahi hai, you are not skipping dinner, that's it" Rishabh struggled to get away but MSD's hold was firm.

"You need energy to get away beta, aur uske liye khana khana padega, so you better stop struggling and come to eat" Rishabh sulked but he agreed with MS. He had no energy to fight with MS, his legs were hurting already and he was hungry.