23. The Four shenanigans and the Bike

Virat drove his bike to the police station as fast as he could. Worry was making him paranoid, god knows what trouble his idiot of a younger brother had landed into now. As he entered the station, he saw Rishabh, Ishan, Shubman and Rutu sitting on the bench in front of the inspector, all with guilty faces, if Virat judged the expressions right. Virat wondered what could have possibly lead them to a freakin' police station.

Rishabh looked up at Virat as he heard his footsteps. Virat looked at him back and Rishabh looked down immediately. Virat ignored him for the moment and went to greet the inspector and introduced himself. The inspector told him that the four boys had been held for underage driving, overspeeding and not only that, all four people were riding on the same bike, the inspector said with great regret.

Virat went to the boys to give them a piece of mind. The boys stood up as they saw Virat marching towards them angrily. Rishabh regretted his decision to call Virat at this moment, Mahi bhai looked a lot less scary than Virat in this mood, but whom was he kidding? Mahi bhai's one stern glare was enough to make him lose his senses.

"Maza aa rha hai? " Virat asked sarcastically raising his eyebrows.

The boys squirmed under his gaze. Rishabh whispered a faint "sorry bhai" when Virat didn't stop glaring at them.

"Kya kar rahe the tum log? Ghar aana tha na school se? Rishabh? " Virat called out making Rishabh look up, "Practice pe kaun jayega? "

They hardly had any answer. Their school got over at 2:30 and practice started at 4:00, so the boys had made plans to hangout together on the bike, little did they know that they will end up in a police station.

Virat sat down on the bench and casually said, "By the way they are saying that I cannot bail you out, Mahi bhai has to come"

Rishabh gulped, "But why? " He uttered immediately, completely forgetting Virat was blazing in anger.

Virat shrugged, "They are saying they know Mahi bhai, so ofcourse they want to meet him", Virat told them. Rutu placed his hand over Rishabh's shoulder sympathetically, he looked like he was about to cry.

" Bhai wo maan jayenge, aap baat karo na unse aur hamare parents bhi aane wale hi hain, I think they will let us go" Ishan pleaded to Virat for his friends sake.

Virat rolled his eyes, he won't tell them that they asked for Mahi bhai because his on-field persona didn't look serious enough to them and so they wanted the elder Deshmukh to come. No, he won't tell them that, ever.

Virat stood up and took Rishabh in a side hug. Rishabh clinged to him immediately, he was glad he was not angry, he was scared for a moment, he started wiping his tears off  Virat's tee.

"Why are you scared Rishu? Bhai isn't going to kill you for this" Virat whispered gently in Rishabh's ear.

"I know" Rishabh spoke, "I'm feeling guilty, he warned me last time too". Rishabh said as he remembered how Mahi bhai had warned him that they could be caught by police the last time they bunked.

" You know you made a mistake, now own upto it" Virat said as he patted his back, "Baaki abhi tak maine tujhe 2-4 nahi lagaaye hain toh mahi bhai bhi nahi hi lagayenge"

Rishabh smiled, his Virat bhai always pretended to be strict and scary but he was a big softie at heart.

"Pichhli baar bhaiya ne ek thappad lagaya tha" Rishabh told Virat, almost in a complaining tone.

"Hmm" Virat scrunched his nose, "kuchh kami reh gyi, 2 aur laga dete toh shayad dimag mein baat kuchh jam jaati"

"Bhaiya ko call karna padega? " Rishabh asked, just looking for some hope.