11. Homecoming

Virat, Sakshi and MS were pumped up for Rishabh's birthday celebration. It was his first birthday with them and they wanted to make it special. MS and Sakshi had taken half-leave from office and were now looking at arrangements for birthay party. MS had taken over invitations, Sakshi decorations and Virat was managing food and music.

MS was just making some calls for invitations from landline when he received a call from hospital. As he heard the news, a lone tear trickled from his eyes, then he smiled. It was a good news, those were happy tears. Their mother, Rishabh's mother had opened her eyes and MS couldn't be more thankful to God.

Sakshi rushed to him as soon as she saw his face, "What happened Mahi? Are you okay? " She asked cupping his face.

MS removed her hand from his face and wiped his tears, "I'm okay Sakshi..I'm okay Cheeku" He said looking at Virat who was seeing him with a worried expression. "These are happy tears guys, mumma has woken up, abhi abhi hospital se call aaya"

"What! Sachchi? " Sakshi asked as she hugged MS tight, keeping her head on his chest. Virat too joined the hug as he engulfed both of them in a bear hug.

"Bhai aap dono hospital jao, mai rishu ko school se leke aata hoon" Virat suggested.

"Cheeku, the only person she would like to see first would be rishu, let him meet her first. Mai leke aata hoon usko, leke seedha chala jaunga" MS said, and he had a valid point, when the accident took place, the first and last thing she did was to ensure that Rishabh was safe. She would be at peace only after seeing him safe.

"Bhai at this point she needs someone with her. Aapko dekhke bhi unhe utna hi achha lagega, boht pyaar karti hain wo aapse. Aap jaiye aur unhe yakeen dilaiye ki rishu bilkul theek hai aur aa rha hai jaldi hi. Mai leke aata hoon usko, der mat karo ab aap" Virat insisted.

MS agreed, what Virat said made sense. Him and Sakshi went to the hospital while Virat went to the school to pick Rishabh up.

"Mai yahi rukti hu, aap andar jao" Sakshi told MS. MS nodded, if Sakshi went in now, she will have so many questions, it was better that MS met him first and explained everything.

As Meera saw MS coming, her eyes misted. It had been 16 years since she saw him last, he had grown up, the teenage peach fuzz like beard had transformed into mature manly beard, with even a few grey strands in between, the height had also grown, his face now radiated experience instead of innocence, but even after all that, he wasn't unrecognisable. Anyone who had known him closely, could recognise him, because no matter how much he had changed, his eyes were the same, those which screamed of love.

Before she could think more, MS came and sat besides her. He took her hand in his hand and kissed the back of her palm, "kaisi ho mumma? "

Meera was speechless. Her heart fluttered a bit when he called her mumma. She had left him 16 years back, she had lost all her hopes of seeing him again, let alone him calling her mumma. She never thought she will hear him calling her mumma ever again. And now the moment actually arrived, it was making her more and more emotional.

"Mumma? Are you okay mumma? Doctor ko bulaun? " MS asked when he saw her getting all flushed.

"I am okay Mahi" She managed to say.

"Rishu.. " She said in a weak voice, "Doctor ne bataya ki wo tumhare sath hai"

"Hamare sath hi hai aur bilkul thik hai aapka bachcha, bilkul tension mat lijiye aap"

"Wo accident mein kahi chot toh nahi aayi na use? " Meera asked.

"Nahi mumma, bilkul theek hai wo. School gya hai, cheeku abhi leke aata hoga. Aur haan, birthday bhi hai aaj usko. Greet him with a smile. Ye aapki aankho mein aansu achhe nahi lagte" MS told her, gently wiping the tears that threatened to spill through her eyes.