13. Virat Deshmukh

It was almost afternoon. MS was waiting for Virat to come home, the boy had been out for practice since morning, he had not even had his lunch. He had tried calling his phone multiple times but he was not picking up, and understandably so, he did not have his phone in his pocket. After trying to call few of the coaches and throw down specialists, he called the receptionist at the academy.

"Can you please check and tell me if Virat is here? " MS spoke on the call.

"Yes sir, please hold on,give me few minutes"

MS held on the call, what he heard when the receptionist came back made him freeze, "he was hit on the head by the ball sir, he is currently in the restroom, the physio is checking on him"

He was hit on the head, most probably by a bouncer. And that shit scared MS the most, he did not fear a bouncer when he played, but it sure made him scared when he saw someone else playing it. And Virat had zero self preservation skills, the boy must be practicing with 150+ speed bouncers. As a cricketer and coach, he was proud, Virat never left a gap in his practice. If bowlers bowled bowled at 145, he made sure he could play 155 with ease. If the bowlers spin the bowl 5 degrees, Virat made sure he had no issues even if the ball spun 2 degrees more. He was the most passionate of the cricketers, competition flew in his veins, he won't stop until he is two notches above the rest. But as a brother, as a guardian, it made him worried like nothing else, one serious injury could take away his career, one serious injury could even take away his life.

"Is he okay? " MS asked.

"Yes sir, he is conscious right now. He was taken to the hospital for the scanning for any internal injury, just a few minutes back he came back from the hospital"

"Oh-okay" MS spoke as he prepared to rush to the

Virat gulped as he saw MS enter the room with a worried expression. He knew it well that these worried eyes were soon going to turn into a glare. But how did he get to know about this? He had specifically asked everyone here not to inform Mahi Bhai. Then who informed him?

MS quietly came and sat besides Virat. While MS's eyes were fixed on the bandage on Virat's forehead, Virat looked everywhere but at him. When he saw MS was not speaking, he spoke himself, "Thik hu mai bhai, kyun chinta kar rahe ho aap, ghar aa rhi rha tha mai bas"

MS glared at him sternly and Virat again looked away. "Kab batane wala tha tu mujhe iss baare mein? You are injured here and do I not have the right to know?" MS asked as he crossed his arms against his chest.

"Kitni der pahle lagi thi chot ise? " MS asked the physio who had just come back to the room.

"Kareeb.. 1 ghante pahle" The physio told.

"And why was I not informed? " MS asked, raising his eyebrows.

The man stayed mum. If he told why he resisted, both Virat and him would be in danger. But MS knew Virat, even better than Virat himself.

"It's been an hour, my child has been hit on head and nobody cared to inform me?" MS asked again, daring him to speak.

"Virat had requested to not tell anyone sir"  The physio told.

"He requested aur aap sab log maan gye? Itne saal ho gye goyal saab, ab tak toh aapko pata ho jana chahiye tha kis level ka idiot hai ye, iski baato mein kaise aa jate ho aap har baar? " MS asked disapprovably. The fact that all his staff just gave in to whatever Virat said was infuriating, the guy could literally convince them for anything.

"Sir he is fine, jyada nahi lagi hai. Bas x-ray aur ct scan ka report aa jaye, wo bhi pata lag jayega" The physio said.

"Were you hit by a bouncer? " MS asked Virat.