44. Parents to be

When Meera got the news about Sakshi, she was delighted. She had guessed it but was just waiting for the confirmation. She reached home as soon as she got a break and prepared halwa for everyone.

"You two will become amazing parents. I'm so happy for you" Meera cooed as she fed halwa to the couple.

"I'm very nervous mumma" Sakshi couldn't help speak out. Not that it was an unplanned pregnancy, but the realization now overwhelmed her a bit. Meera wrapped her arms around her, putting Sakshi's head on her shoulder. "Pregnancy is a difficult thing, dreadfully scary too. It's natural to feel a lil nervous. But you have us by your side, our whole family", she looked at MS, " And you have Mahi at your service 24x7. You are free to break his legs if he doesn't comply"

"Always at your service ma'am" Mahi spoke on the cue, his face lightening up with the ever charming smile. Sakshi smiled without even knowing, how she was smitten on that smile right from the day one.

Virat and Rishabh were over the moon. They were already making plans for the baby, arguing with each other every minute. None of them settled on one opinion, in the last ten minutes they had fought over the interior of the nursery, baby's toys and baby names. Both of them had a mission to disapprove everything the other one said. "Bhabhi isn't Aadya a better name? Tell cheeku bhaiya" , "Don't be mad Rish. She will be first on call for viva this way, let my baby breathe" Virat had countered.

"What about Vaani? "

"Just say you want to name her with your initials " Rishabh spat, earning a sharp smack on his head from Virat.

"Bhaiya dekho virat bhai maar rahe hain" Rishabh immediately complained. Virat whacked him again on principle, "har baat pe bhai ko complaint, bachcha hai tu? "

"Whatever, Aadya is the name" Rishabh came back to his original point when he didn't see Mahi bhai in the sight.

"No. Thats non-negotiable Rish. First on roll call, no. " Virat stayed adamant on his point.

"She will be intelligent unlike you. She wont have any problem. Tell him bhabhi"

"Let her rest you two. Head to your rooms right now" Meera intervened before they could start another fight. Sakshi was thankful, she was feeling a lot drowsy, the constant chatter wasn't actually helping.

1 month later

MS looked up from his laptop as someone entered his cabin, without permission, without knocking. Sakshi, he smiled, who else.

"I told you I can handle this one Mahi. Why won't you let me? I'm not sick, stop treating me like one? " Sakshi said as she sat on one of the chairs opposite to Mahi's workdesk.
Mahi looked at her amused. The audacity of her to say that after vomiting ten times in the last three hours.

"Weren't you sleeping? Itna jaldi kaise uth gyi? " Mahi asked, blissfully ignoring her previous question.

MS had taken over the business work from Sakshi. It took a great amount of effort and coaxing by the whole family, in the end Sakshi had to give in. But she continued coming to office, the reason being there was no one at home most of the times during the day hours. In addition, Mahi had arranged a comfortable room space for her in the office building itself.

"Yep" Sakshi said, "But I wasn't getting any sleep. So came here. "

"So madame, what can we do for you?" Mahi said as he closed the laptop and kept his elbows on the table, taking his chin in his palms.