20. The Transformation of a reckless teenager into a responsible parent

"Bhai yaar pls bata do na, kya karna hai? " Rishabh whined to Virat on phone, who was just refusing to help Rishabh.

"Kyun bhaiya ke chamche, boht bhaiya ke phone message karne ka shauq hai na tujhe, go ask bhaiya for help then" Virat snapped.

"Bhaiiii" Rishabh whined, "maine aise hi kiya tha, mujhe kya pata aap dar jaayenge, it was a harmless prank bhai, ab come on don't be so mean"

"Aise kaise? " Virat spoke, "Pahle achhe se sorry bol"

Rishabh scowled, but spoke anyways, "sorry bhai, aage se nahi karunga aisa"

"Kya nahi karega? " Virat prompted.

"Dobara se aapko aise nahi daraunga " Rishabh snapped irritatedly.

"Kya bola tune? " Virat asked narrowing his eyes.

Rishabh gulped, Virat really managed to look scary at times. His eyebrows were kind of intimidating. "Sorry, mera matlab, phir se bhaiya ke phone se aapko aise message nahi karunga "

Virat hummed, "Ab sun meri baat".

" Ji, ji" Rishabh spoke as he concentrated on Virat's voice, "Agar tune school mein mere jaise kaand kare hain, toh tujhe bhagwan bhi nahi bacha sakta PTM mein" Virat spoke laughing.

Rishabh scowled harder as he took the phone away from his ear, "Bhai pls yaar, aapko isliye phone nahi kiya tha ki aap aur darao, kuchh kaam ki baat hai toh batao and btw maine aap jaise koi kaand nahi kare"

"Okay, okay, listen, this time I'm serious" Virat spoke as he briefed Rishabh about the do's and dont 's of a PTM with Mahi bhai.

Rishabh hated the concept of PTMs with passion. For him, it was meeting where the teachers opened their all complaint boxes in front of the parents, all for nothing. They always had the most ridiculous of complaints to make, "Your child speaks a lot", to others they will say, " Why does your child not speak in the class Mr so and so..? " Rishabh found it unnecessary and bizarre.

He just hoped that the school didn't send the copy to the parents, this way he could simply avoid this by not telling them anything about it. But he knew he hadn't got such luck, his school informed the smallest of things to the parents, this was still a bloody PTM.

MS got a similar notification, he suggested Meera to attend it, but she dismissed it saying it would only be justified if MS attends it, because he was the one who was looking out for Rishabh all these 4-5 months. This dreaded Rishabh even more, with Meera, he had devised his ways in all these years. His mumma was a softie, he knew he could get away by showing his puppy eyes, but Mahi bhai had hardly any effect of those things and Virat just confirmed this idea.

Rishabh sat silently at the passenger seat as MS drove to the school, stealing occasional glances at him. MS smiled as he looked at the road ahead, he was feeling a lot nostalgic, it was not his first time coming for a PTM as a parent, instead, it was years later that he was coming for a PTM, with another child. He remembered his first such meeting, he had been just 18, Virat, his cheeku, was 8, studying in 3rd standard.

MS walked through the gates holding Rishabh's hand, memories running through his head.

14 years back,

MSD's pov

I looked at myself in the mirror, hoping I am not looking too young. I was dressed in a formal white shirt and a black fitted pant, my hair combed back, all ready to attend a PTM, as a parent, nonetheless.