16. Gully Cricket

A week passed. Both Virat and Meera's injuries were healing. Virat had got his bandage removed and he was ready to play again, until MS put his foot down. MS had declared that Virat could go to field for another 2 days and Virat was making his displeasure known.

"Bhai dekh lo, agar aap mujhe nahi jaane doge practice pe toh sabko tang karunga yaha" Virat declared sulkingly, a pout coming over his face, when he thumped his feet and crossed his arms over his chest.

MS sat down on the couch calmly, sliding his arms horizontally on its back, "You are not going to practice Virat and that's it. Do whatever you want to do"

Virat groaned, he hated Mahi bhai in that mood, he behaved like he owned the world, "You had grounded me for a week bhai. And a week is over, ab aapki hitlergiri nahi chalegi"

"Achha? " MS smirked.

"Haan" Virat replied, his response coming in a whine, which just made MS smile more. He immediately swept that smile away and spoke in a plain tone, "I'm not grounding you Cheeku, I'm just saying you cannot go to practice now because you haven't recovered fully"

Virat sat on the dining table, "Aapko kaise pata? Ab aap doctor bhi ho? " Virat asked, he was annoyed, beyond limits.

"I'm not" MS said, "but I have talked to our physio and he says you need rest for some more days"

"He is going overboard bhaiyaa" Virat whined, he had not talked to Agarwal since a week, doesnt mean he would change sides.

"Viraaat! " Just on the cue, Meera came out of her room, just like Virat, she was annoyed too. She was too fed up of eating soupes and fruits all day lying in her bed, she needed fresh air.

"Ab kya hua Mahi, kyu daant raha hai bachche ko subah subah ? " Meera asked. Virat's eyes lit up as soon as he saw her, he knew she will be on his side. If he was as frank with her as Mahi and Rishabh, he would have pounced on the opportunity.

"Aap iss bachche ko bolo ki room pe jaake rest kare, warna maar pad sakti hai" MS replied.

Meera raised her eyebrows, "kya dikkat hai Mahi? Kuchh kar raha hai wo? Aaram se baitha hi toh hua hai. Kya 24 ghante don giri dikhate rehta hai tu? "

MS rolled his eyes, who was he even complaining to by the way? He shook his head, there was no point arguing with her. Meanwhile Virat looked down and grinned, he enjoyed seeing Mahi bhai getting scolded, no one had ever done that before. It was a new thrill altogther.

"Mumma ise khelne jana hai. Net practice to be precise. Do you think it is okay seeing his condition now? Physio has advised him to take rest" MS tried again. No matter what, the doctor in her wouldn't give wrong advice.

Meera nodded, "Cheeku beta Mahi is right. 2-4 din ki hi toh baat hai, injury recover nahi hui toh aggravate ho sakti hai"

MS looked at Virat, Virat just looked away. He was expecting Meera to speak in his favor but everything turned opposite, now he had no option but to stay inside the home.

"Cheeks, you want to play" Meera asked gently, going near Virat, cupping his face and Virat found himself nodding, without even thinking.

"Then you can play" Meera said smiling. Virat looked up, "but abhi yoh aapne bola tha ki nahi khel sakta", he muttered.

" Exactly " Mahi wanted to speak but shut himself up for the time being.

"Mai bol rahi hu ki you cannot go to field and practice par yaha toh khel hi sakte ho na? " Meera suggested.