17. The Fanboy

Rishabh's exams were colloiding with the timings of Virat's matches and MS was having a hard time dragging Rishabh away from the tv to make him sit and study.

"Rishabh I hope you remember you are still being grounded" MS called out finally. He had relented from punishment because Rishabh was missing Virat quite too much since he left and he didn't want to take away his only way to see him.

"Bhaiya don't be a spoilsport please. Bhai century maarne wale hain aur I'm not missing it, not by any chance" Rishabh said, grabbing the pillow and hugging it closer to his chest. Virat had promised him last night that he will score a century tomorrow and now he was playing at 71*, Rishabh was happy, Virat was on his way to 100.

MS looked at the other side, where his mumma and Sakshi were sitting, "Mumma I'm telling you, ye aapka bachcha boht pitega merese, kal exam hai iska, dekh rhe ho aap? "

Meera sighed," Ye nahi uthne wala Mahi. Isne apne 10th board ke time bhi Virat ki batting nahi chhodi thi. God knows how he got that score"

MS just rolled his eyes, it was futile asking Rishabh to study now, the boy was a cult fan of Virat, he wouldn't take his eyes off from the screen until Virat gets out. So MS just got back to work, after giving Rishabh another warning.

"Rishu chal aaja khana toh khayega na" MS called out. When he got no response, MS walked into the living room to drag Rishabh to come for dinner, there Rishabh was sitting frustrated, his eyes blazing, taking heavy breaths. MS had another look at the screen, Virat had just gotten out, at 86.

"Bhaiya aapne dekha kaise out hue wo? " Rishabh spoke as he acknowledged his presence in the room.

MS shook his head, he had just seen Virat walking back to the pavilion. "Review aaye tab dekhna" Rishabh said "Same waise hi same shot maarke jiske liye aap mereko daant rahe the"

MS looked at Rishabh, so the kid was infuriated because Virat got out hitting a rash shot?

"Ab dekho bhaiya" Rishabh yelled, gaining MSD's attention. MS looked at the screen, "It was a nothing ball and a nothing shot. Why would you hit there when you can see a fielder already there and when you were playing so well down the ground? Missed the bloody hundred! " Rishabh lashed out.

MS smiled looking at Rishabh, so the boy finally understood the importance of choosing right shot? Just a week before he thought his brain was not ready to register his words.

"Aap kuchh bol kyun nahi rahe ho? Mereko toh poore aadhe ghante sunaya tha, abhi smile kar rhe ho? So not fair bhaiya, unko daantna aap. He promised me ki he will score a hundred and got out like this, mereko kitna gussa aa rha hai" Rishabh ranted.

"Chal aa khana khale pahle, fir daant liyo usko jitna daantna hai, uska phone aaye tab, thik hai? " MS coaxed Rishabh, who just refused to stand up.

"Mujhe nahi khana" Rishabh sulked. His mood was so dampened after Virat's dismissal, he just didn't feel like eating.

MS sighed, it was like time repeating itself, Virat too refused to eat anything when Sachin got out in 90s, like that would make things right!

"Aur kyun nahi khana? " MS asked sitting besides him, rolling an arm around his shoulder.

Rishabh refused to speak anything. He just kept looking at his pillow with a pout. "Cheeku ko pata lagega ki rishu didn't eat just because he got out, usko kaisa lagega? " MS asked Rishabh.

"But he shouldn't have gotten out like that na bhaiya" Rishabh uttered.

"Uski galti thi na wo aise out hua? Tu kyun nahi khana kha rha fir? Ek kaam karna, abhi uska phone aaye na, tab daantna usko, thik hai? " MS coaxed Rishabh again.