25. Album of Memories

Rishabh slumped on the couch as soon as he returned home after practice. It had been a long tiring day, if Virat's torture in the morning was not enough, Mahi Bhai had grilled him hard to compensate for the miss.

Sakshi handed him a glass of water. "Chal fresh hoke, change karke aaja jaldi. Coffee ban jayegi tab tak"

"Nahi jana bhabhi, thak gya mai" Rishabh uttered half-lying on the couch, spreading his limbs wide.

Sakshi sat on the couch besides him, Rishabh quickly put his head over her lap "Achha bata dinner mein kya khayega? "

Rishabh thought for a second and then spoke, "White sauce pasta.. Aur pavbhaji bhi"

Sakshi raised her eyebrows, "Dhyaan rakhna Virat na dekh le, kal double mehnat karwayega tere se"

"I won't talk to him, unhe bhaiya ne bas subah bas jogs pe sath jaane ko bola tha but he behaves worse than bhaiya himself" Rishabh huffed.

MS saw him complaining to Sakshi when he entered after parking the car, he just smiled and went ahead pretending to not notice them. He knew the boy needed someone to rant, it had been a long day for him.

Virat narrowed his eyes as he looked at Riahabh's plate, what was the use of morning drills when he was eating all the junk at night? Rishabh peeked his eyes at Virat once and then looked away, silently eating his food.

Virat thought to let it go for the time being, otherwise everyone on the table was ready for the little one's advocacy. He didn't want to be sandwiched between them, for god's sake. So he just glared at Rishabh, delivering a silent message, "I'll make you burn all these calories in the morning, we will make it even kiddo"

Later that night, Rishabh made way to Mahi bhai's room. Virat was lying in Rishabh's room, so he was little apprehensive to go to his own room after having his stomach full with pasta and pavbhajisMS didn't mind him sleeping in his room, neither did Sakshi, when she saw Rishabh getting sleepy in MSD's arms she took her blanket and moved to another room.

In early morning MS felt Rishabh burning up. He felt for his forehead with the back of his hand, it was much warmer than normal. He got up and took some ice from the fridge and started doing cold strips over his forehead. Once MS made sure that his temperature had come down considerably, he went back and took him in his embrace because Rishabh was subconsciously looking to cuddle with him even in sleep.

When Virat came to call him up for morning exercise, he saw MS holding a sleeping Rishabh, occasionally ruffling his hair. He felt a sudden sense of envy, he quickly swallowed the lump that formed in his throat and went inside to call Rishabh.

Before Virat could speak anything, MS indicated him to stay quiet by keeping a finger over his own lips. "What happened? " Virat raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"He is ill. Let him sleep" MS whispered.

"Kya hua? " Virat asked coming nearer, this time in concern.

"Fever hai, he was burning up few minutes back. Looks better now" MS told him.

Virat felt for Rishabh's forehead, it was warm but nothing worrying. He asked Mahi bhai, "Did you sleep? " Because he had known Mahi bhai since childhood, he never slept when he was ill. Before MS could say anything, Virat commanded, "Aap jao, go sleep in my room or bhabhi's room or otherwise you'll make yourself ill. I'm here with Rishabh. "

"I slept well cheeku. Bas thodi der pahle hi utha hoon mai, I don't need more sleep. Aur waise bhi I have to get ready for office now" MS replied, making Virat sigh.