21. Cool Guardian?

Flashback continues: (MSD's pov)

I looked at my kid brother, who was munching on a packet of chips while sitting on the study chair. I had asked the boy to wait for me in the study and the wait was apparently too long and boring for him

"Cheeku, keep that packet on the table " I ordered as I sat on the chair opposite to him, across the table.

"Nahi, mujhe bhukh lagi hai" Virat said, feasting on his chips. The boy had eaten just 10 minutes ago.

"Virat" I glared at him, "Keep this aside, samajh nahi aata ek baar mein? " I said sternly and Virat obliged instantly, making a poker face as he sat there.

"Cheeku I needed to talk to you about something" MS started.

Virat remained silent. He knew what it was and he had nothing to talk about it.

"You really decked up someone cheeks? "  I asked and Cheeku nodded, still with that poker face. Ngl, he looked cute sitting here, his legs were not even reaching the ground and his arms were crossed over his chest.

"How old was the boy? " I asked.

"I don't know" Cheeku replied, "He looked quite older, class 7 se tha"

Thats  even more amusing to me, so he hit a 12 yo boy when he was just 8 ? Why does that make me proud?

"Achha aur kyun mara tune usey? " I asked him again and Cheeku gave me a bored look.

"Uski harkate hi maar khane wali thi bhaiya" Cheeku said and that made me look at him incredulously. I raised my eyebrows at him and finally Cheeku opened his mouth to give me a proper answer, "He was bullying my friends, jinks ko pareshan kar rha tha kai din se"

"He was older than you,wapis nahi mara usne? " I asked.

Cheeku shook his head in no. "ek maarte hi chitt ho gya, 4 lagne pe toh medical team ki hi jarurat pad gyi" Cheeku said, boasting his punching skills. What made him think I'll be rewarding him for this? Well, may be I would have had, if I was not playing the parent here, who knows?

"And this isnt a thing to be proud of" I snapped, "That boy was injured, he needed medical assistance, aise maarte hain kisiko? How would you feel if something happened to him? "

Virat flinched at my voice. I need to speak gently, I told myself.

"Cheeku you do not hit someone like that bachcha, no matter what. Agar wo tumhe pareshan kar rha tha toh teacher ko complain karni chahiye na beta? Ya fir tell me, I'll talk, aise maarna-peetna koi solution nahi hai na, ye kisne sikhaya ki tum school campus mein ladaaiyaan karne lag jao ?" I tried to make him understand.

"I know, I was not supposed to hit him, I'm sorry, please gussa mat karo aap" Virat cried. Surprising, why didn't he rant further on how he deserved it and why he didn't complain to the teacher?

"Gussa nahi kar rha hu mai, baat samajh rha hai tu jo mai samjha rha hu?"

Tears spilled from his eyes as he looked at me. Why is it so damn hard to reprimand the kids without making them cry?