Part 5 Chapter 26 : 2nd Sea Battle of Le Brias

3 days later, at 07.00
Command bunker of the Kingdom of Altarus, capital of Le Brias

The military leaders of the kingdom of Altarus have gathered in the command bunker, including King Taara the 14th and the military liaison of the Myto Empire. They had gathered because the fleet from the Palpadia Empire was already less than 300 km from Le Brias, taking only about 12 hours to sail at the average speed of the Palpadia fleet.

Almost all of the ships from the Kingdom of Altarus were already 100 km from Le Brias, and the rest, including the reinforcements from the Principality of Qua Toyne and the Kingdom of Quila, were already in front of the port of Le Brias, ready to sail to combat the enemy who managed to penetrate the Palpadia royal fleet. Moreover, both the Kingdom of Altarus's fighters and wyverns and the Myto Empire's airspeeder were ready to take to the air at any moment to attack the ships and wyverns of the Palpadia Empire.

"Gentlemen, a report from Myto Intelligence shows that currently the Palpadia fleet is split into three parts. The two equal sections contain fewer ships and are to the left and right of the Palpadia Empire's main fleet. It seems they want to attack from the left and right as our fleet engages the main fleet." the officer from the Myto Empire stated.

"What about the number of ships for each enemy fleet?" asked King Taara the 14th.

"The two enemy fleets on the left and right of the main fleet have 155 ships, while the main fleet has 317 ships." answered the officer from Myto Empire.

"What about the distance? Can we attack them one by one?" asked an admiral.

"No sir, they are close enough that they can protect each other." answered the officer from Myto Empire.

"Hmm, then we should attack them together. This means that we have to divide our fleet into three parts. What's worrying is that by the time we attack those three, a section breaks out of formation and bypasses our fleets. Despite the fact that we still have defensive ships near the coast, including ships from the Principality of Qua Toyne and the Kingdom of Quila," the admiral explained.

"We propose that the Kingdom of Altarus's power is roughly divided in half to handle the two fleets to the left and right of the main fleet. The Myto Empire's ships will engage the main fleet, but we need a portion of the Kingdom of Altarus's ships behind our ships to prevent any ships from possibly escaping the battle and heading to Le Brias. We propose bringing 10-15 capital ships from the Kingdom of Altarus, as well as 30 frigates to protect the ships from the Myto Empire. The ships can be divided into groups to increase their effectiveness." said the officer from Myto Empire.

Everyone in the room turned their heads towards the officer from Myto Empire. They all thought, "Dare to face Palpadia's more than 300 warships with only four ships? What an impossibility!"

"Are you sure about this? Didn't Myto Empire only commit 2 destroyers and 2 patrol boats, or just 4 ships?" asked King Taara the 14th.

"That's right, sir. That power, together with our airspeeders in the Kingdom of Altarus, is more than enough to deal with them. We will use 3 squadrons with a total of 36 airspeeders in that battle. 1 squadron or 12 airspeeders will assist each Altarus fleet attacking another Palpadian fleet." said the officer from the Myto Empire.

Everyone in the room was talking to those close to them about the Myto Empire's unreasonable proposal. But the officers of the Myto Empire remained unaffected by that state of affairs.

"Your Majesty, I think we should prepare more ships behind the Myto Empire's ships as a backup in case the Myto Empire's ships cannot overcome the ships from the Palpadia Empire." said the admiral earlier to King Taara the 14th.