Chapter 9

"Hey old man, I have some loot to sell ya today. What do you think about these?"

I set my 4 mana crystals on the counter along with the large axe with a satisfied look on my face.

"Looks like you were fighting the Boss today. Solo?"

"Yep solo, it's the new sword. Definitely a good thing I didn't sell it yesterday."

The merchant laughed and nodded as he placed the mana on the measuring plate and started examining the axe. The bold numbers on the mana screen read: 39.8MU.

"This is a nice drop kid, it's a +15 strength axe. It drops from the Apline boss about 1/10 encounters, looks like you challenged him 4 times today. You got lucky."

He gave me a smirk and started typing in his calculator.

"I'll give you a silver coin for the whole haul today. What do ya say?"

My eyes lit up.

"Y-Yes, deal!"

I shook the mans hand as he threw me a silver coin.

"Thanks old man, I'll see you again soon."

As I turned he smiled and waved.

"No prob kid, hope I see ya tomorrow!"

Today couldn't have gone any better. I grabbed a sandwich from my corner store with the 1 bronze left in my pocket on the way home because I couldn't bare to part with my new silver coin just yet.

I walked up the stairs to my apartment, opened the door, set my sword next to my closet, and flopped back onto the bed admiring the shiny silver coin I just acquired.

I threw it in my dresser drawer a few minutes later and ate half my sandwich in a matter of seconds. I layed back on my bed and looked at my ceiling.

A full silver coin... in just one day of hunting. This is my new life. That grin came back on my face, I couldn't help it.

Over the next 2 days I honed my sword skills even further. Diving into the dungeon repeatedly and using the boss as my training partner. I wasn't fortunate enough to get any more axe drops from my 8 total fights with the boss. However, I did manage to collect 80 bronze worth of mana crystals and level up 1 time.

[Status Open]

_____________________
Name: Jay Soju

Level: 28

Hp: 145/145

Mp: 25/145

Strength: 72 [+50]

Speed: 81

Agility: 85

Defense: 66

Mental Strength: 73

Skills:

Absorption
Swordsmanship

Items Equipped:

Stainless Steel Long Sword [+50 Strength]

_____________________

I made my familiar leisurely stroll back to my apartment. When I got up the stairs and went to open my door I saw a small yellow note stuck to the door that read:

"See you at 8 tmr morning:)) - M"

I hadn't forgotten, it just wasn't at the forefront of my mind after a long day of training. I would be attending Maria's college awakening event as her chaperone tomorrow. I was looking forward to it, but also a little nervous.