Chapter 103

After our abrupt change in direction, I decide to pick up the pace. With a loud yell and a burst of flames, I push myself forward using swift gusts of wind beneath my feet.

I focus my mana deep within my sword's core and let out a dark crescent of energy from a distance aimed directly at the monster.

At first, it looks like a direct hit. To my surprise, I feel the familiar sensation of being watched grow greater and greater as the slash approached its target.

Just like before, the creature shifts its body in the air ever so slightly to avoid the oncoming attack with incredibly graceful, natural movements. I grit my teeth while watching the slimy tentacles twist and turn to nattily avoid my fiery crescent of death like it's a slow-moving pitch.

With another loud yell and an enormous air-step forward, I let out an even bigger slash.

"Take this!"

Then another....

"How about that!"

Then... another...

I release over half a dozen full-force attacks until my MP nears zero. The elusive monster keeps wiggling and squirming around every shot I throw at it with ease.

While taking a deep breath, I reach into my item storage and take out a few mana crystals to plunder my MP back up to full.

The massive floating eye begins slowly changing its direction toward the ground. It's aiming to make its way toward the piles of stone it previously manipulated with its telekinesis skill.

Going down is much easier than flying up. I smirk and follow it with haste. While locking my eyes on the target, an interesting idea comes to mind. If it can't see the attack coming, maybe it won't be able to dodge.

"Wind Summoning."

I concentrate on the monster's main body in front of me as I plummet to the ground behind it. Eight large spears of invisible wind magic form all around me in a circle collecting strength.

Once we're less than 10m off the ground, I let my weapons fly. The dense pockets of wind soar at it from above. The monster doesn't change its trajectory at all. I've finally outsmarted this disgusting creature.

Mere seconds before impact, I feel the heavy feeling of being observed once again. This time, it's with even greater depth. It feels like every last cell in my body is being poked and prodded by infinite invisible eyes.

I gulp, then watch sharp spears of wind whiz around the monster as it spins its body flapping its tentacles around in a mocking manner.

The main eye looks at me and I see its wide smile create a malicious grin showing every last finely sharpened tooth. The ground below begins to rumble as I see it shift and crack forming an uncountable amount of jagged stones.

The monster continues twisting its body out of the way. I manage to change the direction of my wind spears, but they're blocked by a barrage of floating rocks.

I grit my teeth and let out a grunt of frustration as I kick off the air on my left side to follow its movements even further down toward the dark-colored ground.

The air around me pushes my hair back and makes it difficult to keep my eyes open, but I keep pushing forward.

The large pieces of rock begin moving in on me again. I don't bother trying to use telekinesis this time around. I furiously swing my sword in front of me releasing attacks of fire and wind shattering and incinerating the objects flying at me from all sides.

Every explosion gets me closer and closer to this annoying beast!

I wrack my brain for ideas. Longer-range attacks don't work, close-range slashes hardly do the trick, and my mental strength is pretty much equal, so overpowering its mind is off the list too.