23. The Trial.

Author POV:

"May the trial get started", The judge orders after he sits down and everyone else in the room.

"Your Honor, I'm the prosecutor of my client Mr and Mrs Chopra. Whose son is murdered by his own wife , their daughter in law. Cheating. Cheating is the reason behind the well planned murder. This is a simple case she was cheating on her husband with her ex boyfriend and she killed her husband to be with him again", The prosecutor starts making Sanjidah fuke in anger but she controls herself.

" Objection My Lord ", the defense attorney stands up.

" Objection sustained "

"Thank you, your honor. My dear friend is making a story to infane my client and to show the court that it was a planned murder. But it was not.", He states, "  The death of Mr Siddharth Chopra was an accident. What my client Mrs Sanjidah Chopra did was for self defense "

" Objection your honor "

" Objection sustained "

" Thank you my Lord. My capable friend is trying to make the murder look like a case of self defense which is clearly not . As I can prove that she was cheating on her husband with Mr. Sharad Malhotra! Who is now present in the court ", he points his finger towards Sharad and he looks at sanjidah, " I want to ask him a few questions "

" Mr. Malhotra please come in the witness box ", the judge orders.

Sharad stands up and goes to the witness box and makes an eye contact with Mumu. She blinks as assures him and he sighs.

"Please raise your right hand and respond to me: “Do you swear (affirm) that the testimony you are about to give in this arbitration is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?”

"I do solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm that the evidence I shall give shall be the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth." , Sharad oaths confidently.

"So  Mr, Sharad Malhotra, do you know her? " , The prosecutor asks him whilst pointing at Sanjidah.

" Of course"

"  okay as you admit that tell the court what is the relationship between you two?"

"We're friends"

The prosecutor laughs, " Just friends?"

"Umm close friends"

"So you're denying that you were in any romantic relationship with her?"

"Yes"

"Before you lie to court let me tell you that everyone knows that you were in a relationship"

"No we weren't"

"So you deny that you were in love?"

" No"

" Excuse me, are you playing riddles with the court? "

" No. It's true that we were in love but we were never been in a relationship other than friendship "

" From when do you love her? "

He looks at sanjidah and speaks, "From the first day we met. First day of freshman year in the new high school. 8 years ago"

" So you were saying that you were in love from 8 years but you weren't in a relationship?", He laughs again

" I was. Then we became friends. I didn't want to rui our friendship so I never told her my feelings. But I proposed her for prom at our last year. At prom I was about to confess her and I did it she too but there was an accident at our school. After that we decided to remain as a friend. But I was hopeful that I'll again propose her to marry but she married Siddharth "