24. a different story

A different POV:

"Go to study! Or else!", Dad yelled and switched the TV off. The movie I was watching on the climax so I sulked but he didn't let me watch. So I had to go study but I couldn't concentrate on. All I thinking was what will happen to Rahul and Anu next.

I still remember that day.

I don't remember if I watched any movies before but the first one which caught my attention was 'Aashiqui'. I was only four years old that time. My parents didn't allow me to watch me TV let alone a movie. I was scolded for not studying as if I was in school. I wasn't even in school that time. I was preparing for my school admission, which I did in the age of 5.

I was very young but that movie was stuck in my mind. As I couldn't watch it, I thought farther stories in my mind . I kept thinking and thinking different kind of incidence which can happen in the movie until I finally could watch it. Two years later, in my friend's house.

And by that time the movie didn't shock me anymore because somehow in my thousands of thoughts I imagined that.

"The electricity won't come tonight. Let's play something"

"But what can we play in the dark ?"

"It's not that dark we have moonlight"

"But all of our parents are the playground too"

"They are gossiping so they won't play attention to us"

"Let's play a movie scene"

"Guys I don't watch movies, remember?", I said.

"Oh then you're gonna see us playing"

" No way! How about I make a story and we play like that? ", I suggested

" You! Hahaha ", everyone started laughing

" At least try once then decide "

That day they agreed with me and we played under the moonlight. That was the start of something. I was the one who make a story and everyone played with that. I still can't count how many times we got married to each other for play.

I was always sad because of my parents. Other parents let their kids watch TV, go out, take them for travel, shopping etcetera but my parents always wanted me to study. At first I couldn't but gradually I could study as they wanted and as a result I topped. I was the topper in my school but nobody knew what I gone through for that. If I only wasted a minute I had to get beaten. But I was lucky enough that they let me play with my neighbor friends in the afternoon.

"Hey ! You won't believe the movie is awesome"

"I don't know why you always talk about movies. Please I'm not interested and I don't have time", I lied.

"You're such a boring topper. But at least you read all the time. The movie has a book too . You can read that"

That was the first time I thought about reading a book outside of my academic books. I saved my pocket money and bought a copy book from a bookstore. It was not original printed so I could manage the price.

I started reading and got addicted to it. Reading became my favorite hobby. I bought many books . For that I skipped my tiffin and walked to home. I became skinny soon. But that was not a problem as long as I was doing something I love.

By the passing years I read many books. I used to read hiding it under my textbooks so that I don't get caught. One day I got caught but I told that it was for school. I used to read all the times. Even when there was no lights. Under the bed with a torch light, or at late night when the dimmer light was on. So I got eye problem and I need glasses with high power from them.