21. Endless Solution

Crystalline Memoria ( Natsumi's Point of View Part 3 )

"Let's jump right to it." The woman with long silky black hair said I met with her before. She had medium brown skin and what appeared to be fancy red Indian clothing.

She had what seemed like messy henna on her hands and wrists, almost as if a child practiced on her. The design seemed to resemble a bat's wing and fancy designs including flowers around it.

"Hm?" When she noticed me studying her arms she looked down and smiled.

"Isn't it nice? My daughter said she wanted to finally learn today so I allowed her to practice one of her drawings on me." She sounded so proud as she showed it off.

"You have a daughter?"

"Indeed I do, she's busy at the moment but I'd love to introduce you eventually when this whole ordeal is over with." She replied. "But let's not get off track, we have only so much time for this signing before she loses patience. You remember what I explained before, correct?"

I stood up from the floor and patted down my sweatpants. "More or less." I watched as she summoned a rolled-up piece of paper and handed it to me.

"No matter what you go through, I'll be here. I want to help you achieve the life you really deserve. So follow what you think is right, and protect all you can."

I nodded and quickly read the contract, agreeing to everything offered. I had nothing to lose signing it, especially not when I could make sure my friends could live a good life after all of this.

"Just remember, I can hear any thought you direct to me. Together, we can save them. Ok?"

Although she spoke with no ill intent if I had to take on the god in front of me, to take on the world, just to ensure their safety.

No matter how much pain comes my way.

I won't hesitate anymore, I'll make sure they get the lives they always talked about.