27. Devoted To You

Crystalline Memoria ( Natsumi's Point of View Part 4 )

I couldn't help my tears of joy as Yuki and I held each other tightly.

I kept my face buried in the crook of her neck. I didn't want to let go. "Don't scare me like that again," I whispered softly.

"I'll try not to." She replied with a faint laugh.

I felt more arms quickly wrap around us. Three people surrounded us and our embrace became a group hug filled with tears and laughter of release.

"Yuki!" Nyoko cried out as she held us.

I don't know how long we all stayed in that hug but when I finally pulled away, I saw that it was Nyoko, Isao, and Den hugging us.

I sniffled softly and wiped my eyes, glancing around to see Seina and Keiko standing by us as if waiting for their turn to hug Yuki.

I carefully stood up and held my hand out to Yuki so I could help her up. "Thanks," She took my hand and smiled as she stood, her eyes looked as if they fought back tears.

"Yuki, you're smoking!" Nyoko said, quickly grabbing Yuki's arm from me to study the wounds on the inside of her arm.

Black smoke.

It looked so strange to see how it came from her wounds, yet looked as if it was healing her.

"Whoa, does it hurt?" Isao asked curiously.

"Can I see?" Seina asked, slowly making her way into the small circle of four. She gently took Yuki's arm when she held it out to her for examination.

I watched as Seina traced the wounds on her arm with her finger, studying as they very slowly but surely closed.

"It hurts a bit, more sore than anything but the smoke is making the pain go away," Yuki explained.

Seina then went to the more fatal wounds.

"You got stabbed a lot..." Her voice was sad yet soft as she looked at the wounds through Yuki's tattered clothing.

"M..." Yuki hummed awkwardly as she stared at her. I looked away when I saw Yuki's cheeks get a little pink.

I watched Hiro curiously as he whispered to Ryuji about who knows what. The two of them kept a decent amount of distance from us as they spoke so we wouldn't be able to hear them.

"You should all hurry it up now unless you want a large number of casualties in your town." I heard the voice of the Goddess I agreed to work with in my head.

"Guys, we should-" I started to say only to be cut off.

"Yeah. Let's get this over with." Hiro said as he approached us. 

"So... We really have to kill things like that?" Den asked nervously, the words she spoke made her visibly uncomfortable. She struggles to defend herself in any given situation, I can't imagine how horrific murder must be for her, even if it's monsters we're up against.

"You signed a contract?" Nyoko asked, when Den nodded she spoke once more. "Then yeah. I don't think it's a good idea to go against the gods."

"I'll be here for you every step of the way Den, you can rely on me," Isao said to cheer her up. I hate to say it, but She isn't fit for a contract, she'll only hold us back.

I know this situation was serious, but a part of me couldn't help but wish he'd treat me with the same sweetness he treats Den.

I'll have to move past my selfishness, just for now.

I have to ignore my feelings for him and Yuki until it's all over. When the time comes, then I'll tell one of them how I feel.

I just have to do what I signed for first.

I have to do what's right.