46. Neglect Suspicion

Overcast Memoria ( Yuki's Point of View Part 8 )

I felt dizzy as I slowly returned to consciousness. My head was pounding as I slowly sat up and squinted my eyes.

"Are you ok Yuki?" I heard Kurai ask, she sounded so distraught.

"Yeah..." I responded groggily, I looked at Kurai and then glanced around the clearing. She and Seina must have brought me here.

Seina.

"Where's Seina?" I asked, my heart stopping as Kurai took a shaky breath and adverted her gaze from me.

"Kurai? Where is she?" I demanded to hear an answer, panic rising in my voice.

"I'm sorry, Yuki."

"Why? Why are you sorry?"

Tears began to spill from her eyes. "Because I had to put you first ok? You're my responsibility. I can't risk you, I couldn't risk you." She snapped, her tone becoming as stern and serious as mine, yet regret lingered in her words.

"So you left her to die?" I yelled in disbelief, I couldn't control my emotions. Everything was too much to bear. 

"She wanted you safe. I respected her wishes and abided by my duty." As she tried to justify her reasoning, I just shut out her words of protest as my mind spiraled.

It's too sudden.

This is all too sudden.

It hurt. It hurt so much.

I couldn't bear to even see Seina injured, so imagining her dead felt as if my heart had stopped. I was supposed to keep her safe.

My body shook from all the emotions coursing through me, I knew this wasn't a dream. But I wish it was.

All I could think about was her. The times we shared. Her smile as she ranted about her hyper fixations, always made me feel warm inside.

To think I'd never see that again. That I'd never hear her voice again.

That I never got to say goodbye. I should've told her how I felt, even if she would decline my feelings.

I regret not showing her how much she meant to me.

It was all too much to bear.

"Yuki! Stop it!" Kurai screamed, snapping me out of my spiraling thoughts.

The black smoke was slowly surrounding my body as if it was trying to make a full-body shield. Like it represented my mind being surrounded by my negative thoughts of regret.

"Stop thinking like that!" She pleaded in a panic, white smoke quickly surrounded her arms as she pulled me into a hug.

White smoke?

I felt warm. It was odd.

"Don't think of negative things. Just focus on the good, the good memories. You can't let yourself get sucked away. Focus on what makes you happy, what made you happy. Focus on your light," She said worriedly in an attempt to soothe me.

"Don't listen to her. She wants you to be weak. She doesn't want you to protect your friends. She's the reason the girl you love is dead. The girl we love is dead." The voice spoke inside my head. I felt conflicted.

A part of me wanted to hug her back, she's my sister, and I love her. Yet the voice went against the thought. But I know hurting her isn't what I want.

I quickly pushed Kurai away. I needed distance. But she was right, I can't let my emotions overtake me.