24. Lost

Strike Memoria ( Hiro's Point of View Part 4 )

I stared at Isao as he looked as if he was going to drift off, I kept my hand on his back and grabbed him before he could faint on top of Yuki. I carefully leaned him backward in an awkward position, taking his now bloody hands from Yuki's.

As I repositioned him I felt myself begin to feel light, my spirit and body were losing sync.

This feeling was nostalgic.

Someone wanted to speak to me.

"Don't worry. You won't get hurt unless you allow yourself to." His voice said as it told me to allow whoever wanted contact to reach me.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, allowing them to summon my consciousness.

I felt light as if I could float. It was warmer than last time.

I didn't feel scared.

When I opened my eyes again I saw a woman standing in front of me. She had a faint tan with her hair tied in a braid over her shoulder. She was leaning against a desk filled with scrolls and items I'd never seen before.

"Hiro Yokoyama. Correct?" She asked, grabbing a scroll off the desk. "It was harder to summon you than a usual witch. Have you been in contact with other beings before?" Her voice was strong and serious as if every word and every move she made was calculated.

It was hard to make eye contact with her, in fact, I didn't even want to look at her.

"Why did you want me?" I asked nervously, keeping my gaze on her desk rather than her.

"I want to make a deal, so we can both help each other, a mutual contract." She gently tapped the top of my head with the scroll to gain my attention.

I took a deep breath and looked up at her, staring at the scroll she lightly waved in front of my face.

"Well?" She asked. I gently took it from her and opened it to read what was inside.

"So you understand what exactly you're getting into. I am Adalgund, Goddess of War. If you accept my power you can do all you please with it. Lead a charge to protect all those... Dear, to you. As long as you make me look good for Calista, I'll be pleased." She explained, leaning back onto the desk, she crossed her muscular arms over her chest.

I felt her staring at me as I read through the contract slowly and thoroughly.

"Oh, but do be quick. I don't have much time to wait for you to sign." I looked up at her to see her holding a pen and she tossed it to me quickly. My hand felt as if it moved on its own to catch it before it could hit my face and she smirked.

"That's what I thought." She said softly. "Now sign."

I took a deep breath, I wasn't sure if this was the right thing to do. But nothing in me made it feel like it was the wrong thing to do either.

I felt off, lost, but yet I also felt oddly secure. As if I felt more emotions than just my own.

If the gods wanted us, as I'd assume is going on. Then everyone should be ok.

I just have to sign to assure it.

And so I did.