Chapter 52: Destin Moon

Hello all! Thank you for continuing to read my story. I would like to make a shout out to some new readers who did some serious binging of my story!

KaitlynM85

LivGrey

wordqueen3

The fact I have readers who can't seem to be able to put my story down made my day. Thank you and please enjoy this next chapter. Feel free to vote or comment as well!

-Lucinda Croft

Change of POV

That damned vampire. He was already trying to weasel himself out of our deal. I'm glad that I had him sign that magical contract, or else he would have broken it off entirely. I did think he was a bit quick to accept my terms, but I was positive that the contract contained no loopholes. It had been a full week and there were still no attempts made to set up a time for me to work with the human girl, so I took it upon myself to visit Hendrix's mansion.

I stretched out in the back of the limo and fixed my cuff links. Hendrix would be the only person to try and standup the famous Destin Moon, but I wouldn't let him. I had the upper hand this time. I looked up at my surprise guest sitting across from me. She sat with perfect grace and elegance. Her long black hair fell sleekly down her back and pooled at her seat like a waterfall. Her black ears and tail calm. She wore flared black pants and a green tube top that matched her green eyes. A black jacket and some silver jewelry adorned her personage along with the crescent Alpha pendant. She was the only other person who was not swayed by my status or music.

"Are you comfortable, Your Highness?" I asked politely.

Her green eyes flicked away from the window and eyed me for a moment before returning to the scenery outside the limo. "I have no complaints."

I coughed nervously. "Well, that's good. I must say, I'm surprised you had time to accompany me with all your duties."

"I will worry about my duties, and you will worry about yours. Besides I only want to meet this secret singer." Her indifference made her sudden interest in the secret singer even stranger. It wasn't long after the Gala that Princess Serena demanded an audience with me. She was insistent on knowing the identity of the secret singer, and despite all my reasoning and refusal she wouldn't drop the issue. I eventually relented knowing that the vampire's princess, Katherine, knew her identity. This would make things a bit fairer between the vampires and werewolves.

Princess Serena, who had never shown much interest in anything, was obsessed after hearing that the singer was a human girl. She ordered me to inform her the moment I was to meet with the human again, and once I did, she insisted on coming with me. I knew Hendrix would never willingly allow this, so I decided to keep her audience a secret.

"Your Highness, may I just remind you that her identity should remain secret. I'm hoping you can understand..."

A growl escaped her throat suddenly and her eyes glared daggers into mine. "I am more than aware Mr. Moon. Do not test my patience. I know how to keep a secret."

My hair stood on end and my tail tucked between my legs. Even an alpha couldn't overcome the authority of a member of the royal family. "I apologize for my impertinence."

The conversation quickly died, and the rest of the ride was spent in silence. Fortunately, it wasn't long until Hendrix's mansion. After we parked in the driveway, I noticed another limo. I exited the vehicle and stretched my legs while keeping an eye on this strange limo. Shortly after Princess Katherine in her gothic Lolita dress emerged from the vehicle along with her attractive and scantily dressed human.