Chapter 56: Terris

Change of POV

I twirled my snifter and watched the blood coat the insides of the glass.

"Tell me again why we're meeting this rich bastard?" Jimmy said. He was sitting across from me in the limo Jason Hendrix sent to retrieve us.

I took a grateful swallow of the dark viscous liquid. "Stanley Lindenberg recommended we reach out to him. Apparently, he is showing interest in Alturess. He may be interested in my connections." I said calmly. "You really should try the blood. Finest I've had in ages."

Jimmy grabbed a snifter like it were a stein or shot glass, and grabbed the decorative decanter of blood to pour himself a drink. "You mean your smuggling operation between Vania and Alturess? You think it's a good idea to be sharing that information with the Vampire Princess's bitch? If he rats you out, you fucked," Jimmy said before gulping down the blood without even savoring it.

"I won't be telling Master Hendrix anything about my business model. I'm just going to inquire what this wealthy vampire might want. If I can fill it, then a world of opportunity opens for me," I said ignoring Jimmy's language.

"Man, this stuff's the shit!" Jimmy gasped in delight. "Well, he did respond to your request to meet rather quickly. Fucker must be desperate."

"Yes, I thought so as well. The last time we saw Master Hendrix was at that Monterey Market." I said thinking back to that day that was close to a month ago.

"Yeah, when he bought that mousy bitch that helped recoup are losses." A sick smile came to Jimmy's face. "I wonder where that fighting spirit is now. Do you think ol' Hendrix would let me have a go. I'd love to repay that cunt for all the trouble she caused."

I chuckled. "Calm yourself, Jimmy. Anything is possible. Especially if we can supply the young master with whatever it is he desires."

The limo eventually arrived. Jimmy stared out the window with an open mouth. "Well, shit. When they say rich, they mean fucking rich. Can you even call that a house?"

I glanced at the large sprawling manor and elegant grounds. I straightened my jacket and prepared for the chauffer to open the door. "You're easily impressed. Remember to keep your mouth shut. I won't tolerate any slip-ups."

Jimmy rolled his eyes, but assumed his emotionless yet intimidating appearance. He pulled his shades off of his buzzed black hair and covered his black eyes. His wiry build bulked up by the black suit I instructed him to wear. The car door opened and we were met by an attractive vampiric maid awaiting our arrival.

"Welcome, Master Terris... I'm sorry a last name wasn't provided on the letter you sent," the maid said.

We stepped out of the limo and I smiled. "That's because I don't have one. I am honored to have been invited to such a splendid home. It far outshines any palace I've ever seen."

The maid nodded. "Thank you for your kind words." She turned her eyes to Jimmy standing beside me. "And this is?"

"My assistant. James Keller." I responded. Jimmy nodded without a word.

"Welcome gentlemen. My name is Mary, and I'm the head maid of this estate. If you'll follow me, we'll go through a quick security screening. You had Stanley Lindenberg's reference, but this is just a strict guideline we follow. I hope you won't take offense." She said smoothly. Her hazel eyes narrowed, suggesting there was no talking our way out of this.

"Of course. I wouldn't have it any other way." I smiled sweetly.

The screening went on with no incidents. Not that there would be. I wasn't dumb enough to bring anything harmful to this meeting. I wanted to form a positive business connection after all. There are things far more dangerous than weapons. Mary led us through the museum of an abode. I found myself entranced by all the priceless artifacts and pieces. I wondered if he would be willing to part with anything here to show his goodwill.