Chapter 82: June Jackson

Jimmy, Hendrix, and I arrived at what Hendrix called the drawing room. Katherine sat next to Eliza on a love seat, while Serena stood by a bookcase studying the variety of books. The vampire princess wore her typical Lolita tea dress of red with white frills. Her blond curls pinned up and cascading behind a red hat with white ribbons. Her red shoes and white stockings finishing the look. Eliza wore a sleek black jumpsuit with a golden chain draped around her hips and a gold brooch atop her large chest. Her dirty blond hair was half up in a bun and the rest fell in soft waves. Her sleek black heels and large hoop earrings were nice touches. Finally, the werewolf princess was wearing grey dress pants and a metallic silver tube-top under a grey blazer that matched the pants. Her sleek black hair was pulled up into a high pony where her black ears sat on either side. Silver practical heels and her alpha pendent adorned her person. Her black tail swished for a moment once she caught sight of me.

I stopped and stared at these three goddesses and suddenly felt lacking. Katherine had a cute petite body, Eliza had all the curves in all the right places, and Serena had a confidence that could make even women quake. I looked down at my blouse and jeans with some black cloth flats. Sure I had some curves, but I was something scrapped out of the bottom of the barrel compared to these specimens of female allure. What was I even doing with them in the first place? Oh right, angel...

"So nice of you to join us, Jason. Is your human ready?" Katherine asked standing gracefully and arranging her skirt.

"His human's right here." I muttered frustrated. From the annoyance on Katherine's face and amusement on Serena's I realized they had heard me.

"For what, Your Highness?" Hendrix asked with scrutiny.

"Well, Princess Serena and I have had the luxury to discuss things, and we thought it prudent that we took the human shopping. She does have rather—" Her ice-blue eyes looked me up and down. "—unique tastes, but we need to dress her for her persona and performances. Besides, I doubt she's seen downtown yet. It would be a good experience."

"No. Absolutely not." Hendrix said without hesitation.

Katherine did not expect this response and narrowed her eyes at him. "Did you just say 'no' to your princess?" The venom in her voice made me nervous. Jimmy seemed to sense my nerves and stepped closer to me.

"I'm afraid so, Princess Katherine. Downtown is riddled with raiders, scalpers, and just lawless vampires and werewolves. I'm not sending my mysteriously singing human there. You of all people should know how important her safety is to me." Hendrix said with heavy suggestion. Katherine and Eliza knew about his blood dependency, but Serena and Jimmy still didn't.

Katherine rolled her eyes. "You make it sound like we are taking her to a gang's turf. We are just going to walk the shops in the shopping district. People go there all the time with their humans, and not one incident has occurred. Besides you can send the little guard vamp with her." I glanced at Jimmy and noticed him grit his teeth.

"I will also be staying close, so no harm will come to her." Serena said in her stoic and cold voice. There was no way of knowing that it was fake.

Hendrix hummed and scratched his cheek. "I was needing to make a trip to the slave market anyway... June, what do you think?" He looked to me, and I suddenly remembered I had a voice.

"Oh, I'm curious to see what Downtown Vania looks like." I said with a smile.

Eliza laughed and Katherine quickly joined her. I looked at the two surprised, and even noticed the corners of Serena's mouth lift a bit. "Oh, June. Vania is a country. We are currently in the city of Wisteria and we are going to its downtown." Eliza clarified after getting ahold of herself. I blushed realizing I had said the equivalent of Downtown United States or Downtown Canada.