Chapter 90: June Jackson

"Hey Angel Cakes. Who was that fucking gigolo that was drooling all over you?" Jimmy asked pushing off the wall he had been leaning on.

I groaned now realizing that Jimmy had seen the whole spectacle. "Just an ass dressed like a cock." I said. This space between floors was currently empty, as everyone was much too engaged with dinner. It was only Jimmy, Eliza, and I.

"I'm going to head back. My absence would be too noticeable, but best of luck June. I can't wait to see what you got." Eliza said with a reassuring smile before gracefully walking off to descend the stairs.

"You ready?" Jimmy asked with a raised brow.

I took a deep breath and shook out my shoulders. It was my debut. I was going to sing in front of all these people, and the excitement and terror that came with that thought made it hard to hold still. "As I'll ever be." I said.

Jimmy took me back to the room we had both initially awoken in. Katherine and Hendrix were already in the room waiting for me. Hendrix was sitting on the bed with his hand running through his mussed-up hair, and Katherine was fixing her makeup at the vanity.

"June! Are you okay? What did she do to you?" Hendrix said jumping to a stand and rushing over to me.

I stepped back confused. "I'm fine. She drugged me, but it's nothing you haven't done before." I said cooly.

Hendrix stopped as if struck, but quickly looked to Katherine who was still engrossed in the mirror. "You drugged her?"

Katherine finished applying some lip liner and placed it on the vanity with a clack before swiveling her chair to face us. "I drugged both of them. This is what happens when you make things difficult, Jason. I have to come up with extreme solutions. Now the show is slated to start right after dinner, so we have about an hour to get Celine Lupine ready. June, you know where the dress is. Get changed."

I quickly skirted past Hendrix to retrieve the silver dress off the rack then ducked quickly into the bathroom. The tension between Hendrix and Katherine made the room feel stagnant, and I didn't want to be there when things went south.

"The shorts and boots are already in there, so be quick." Kathrine shouted before I closed the door and locked it.

I tried to ignore the voices on the other side of the door while I pulled off the bunny dress and ears, but even the thick door couldn't stop them.

"Katherine, you know she is my human and you know she is very important to me. Didn't you learn your lesson when you had those raiders take her the first time!" Hendrix yelled.

"Don't raise your voice at me, Jason. You know I am a very capable vampire. You already agreed to me being her manager, so how could you pull my authority away when it mattered most? You didn't even bother to hear me out. I know she's important to you. That's why I took every precaution this evening." Katherine said. Her voice was quiet, but the anger and hurt peeked through.

"But you couldn't have, Katherine! Not here. You don't—You don't know the dangers you're putting her in. What you're putting me in." Hendrix said calming himself.

"And you don't know what was on the line for me. Do you know what favors I had to pull to set up this debut? You know I can't stand my brothers, Ronald being the worst of them. If I had backed out like you wanted... You know what would have happened." Katherine's voice shook, and I froze in the middle of yanking off the white tights. Was Katherine... upset?