Chapter 54: Jason Hendrix

Six thousand views! Thank you so much to all my readers, both new and weathered. I am always looking to improve, so if you want comment or vote to give me feedback, I would greatly appreciate it. Here is a shout out to my new readers, if I miss your name, please let me know for next time:

Awesomeness_24

s0pydiddies

GeolinaGeolina

grasyaaa1749

Vesryn_ 

Thanks again!

-Lucinda Croft

Change of POV

I was glad that my excuse seemed to convince everyone involved of why June still smelled like a virgin, even though I had taken it from her just this morning. I was also relieved that the annoying werewolf and his unexpected royal were going to leave. That was until Katherine opened her big mouth. I held in my grunt of displeasure, and quietly watched as she confidently took to the center of the room with her human.

"As the human's manager, I have discovered our biggest issue if we want to introduce her to the music scene," She paused for dramatic effect. "Being a solo artist is where all the fame and fortune is at, but she'll never be anything more than a back-up singer if she never debuts. That being said, the Continent is not ready for a human singer. A small poll I took confirmed that. There is just no respect for humans, and so her music career would die before it even took off." I rolled my eyes knowing she was only mentioning the discussion we had in the back of the limo a mere week ago.

"That may be true for vampires, but werewolves recognize talent and ability," Destin said with an arrogant shrug.

Katherine smiled and set her eyes on the largest person in the room. She was easily dwarfed by his size, but her eyes spoke volumes. "If that was true, you wouldn't have bothered hiding her identity in the first place."

Destin's ears pulled back for a moment, and his tail twitched. "...Whatever..." he pathetically said.

"Now I have found a solution to this hitch in our plans." Princess Katherine held out her hand, and Eliza pulled out an orb the size of her first from her designer bag. Once the orb was in her hand, Katherine held it up for all to see. "This is a portable projector that can create a very life-like hologram."

I uncrossed my arms and stood a little straighter. "That is science fiction as hell," I muttered.

"If it works." Destin said.

"Oh, it works." Katherine said with a pleased smile. Eliza pulled out a strange looking tiara with a blinking light at the top and donned in on her head. She then handed Katherine a small tablet. Katherine placed the orb on the ground and swiped through the tablet until tapping it. The orb hummed to life and about 10 feet away a female vampire appeared by June's side. The vampire had slightly pointed ears, fangs, bright pink hair and red eyes. She had the same body frame as Eliza and similar clothes in outline, but not color. Eliza leaned forward and blew a kiss, and the vampire did the same.

"Woah." June said looking as excited as when she first saw the Gem of Heaven. I was also impressed by how realistic the hologram looked. It was as if there was another vampire standing in this room, but there was a lack of scent proving it was indeed fake.