Chapter 87: June Jackson

I have been really enjoying my readers' comments! It helps me see what they are enjoying, and it also points to the things that I'm doing right or wrong. As a thank you for the engagement I'm thinking of posting a third chapter this week on Wednesday. I would just like to hear from my readers what they enjoyed reading best or what things they wished were different. You can post either one or both. If I can get at least 5 comments on this, I can post that third chapter. I'll need these comments by Wednesday to meet the timeline however.

I look forward to reading your feedback!

-Lucinda Croft

            Katherine was not wearing her typical cutesy tea dress. She was now in a sparkling green ballgown with long white gloves. Her curls were pinned up into a sophisticated bun, and her face held heavier makeup than usual. She was sitting at the vanity curling her eyelashes while Eliza stood behind her in her own Emmy worthy dress of peacock feathers.

I looked around the room to see Jimmy slouched forward on an armchair. Based on how still he was, I could only assume he was still knocked out.

"It's Princess Katherine. Especially here." Katherine said watching me in her mirror.

"Wh—what happened? How did we get here?" I asked. She wouldn't have had me taken again, would she?

"I had you brought here." She shrugged. I guess she would.

I carefully slipped off the bed I had awoken on and tried to work the rest of the fog from my mind. "Why?" I asked exasperated.

"For my brother's party. Ron invites the most elite to mingle and enjoy human-based festivities. It's the best place for you to make your debut as Celine Lupine." Katherine finished her look and seemed pleased. She then reached into a box of jewels and golden chains.

"Why did you have to dart us for that?" I asked trying to keep the edge from my voice. She had made Geralt freak out over nothing. He even mentioned coming to get me. He probably thought I needed saving, and it was only the crazy whims of a naïve spoiled princess.

Katherine handed an emerald necklace to Eliza, and Eliza then wrapped the necklace around Katherine's neck to clasp it. "You know Jason was against you coming here, but I had already made all the arrangements. Not showing up to your first gig would tarnish your reputation as a performing artist entirely. As your manager I couldn't allow that to happen."

"Then maybe ask permission before you promise me to these things?" I asked hoping she saw how obvious a solution that was.

Katherine whipped around on her stool and glared at me, while Eliza started affixing the matching earrings to Katherine's slightly pointed ears. "I feel you keep forgetting, so I will remind you. I am the only princess of vampires, and I do not ask for permission." She hissed liked permission was an outlandish word.

I sighed. "You could have at least talked to me about it. I probably would have said yes if you explained things."

"There wasn't time. I had to get you out of there before Jason even knew I had come to his estate. Otherwise, he would have tried to stop us and complain. Forcing you into the car would have also been too flashy and noisy. This was quick, efficient, and no one got hurt." She finished finally standing up.

"Wait, Hendrix doesn't know I'm here?" I asked clarifying. He was probably tearing up the estate by now.

Katherine waved the question off. "I left a detailed note. He should be along shortly."