Comfort

Word count: 1122 words Warning: contains panic attacks

Y/n

You had just came back from a meeting and were walking home when you heard something.

"Is anyone out there? Are you okay?"

You walked down the alley that was beside you but quickly stopped once you see a figure crouched down on the grimy floor.

Please don't get kidnapped. Please don't get kidnapped.

You squatted in front of the person, scanning for injuries or defining features to recognise them. After a double take you had concluded that it was a woman and she hadn't been injured- At least from what you could see. From what you could hear, she was breathing very deeply and crying silent tears.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm f-fine."

You raised an eyebrow, sceptical. This woman clearly doesn't understand the definition of fine.

"mhm, sure," you said with a slight tone of amusement. "You know, it kinda looks like you're having a panic attack."

She stuck the middle finger up at you whilst her body shook with desperate sobs.

Well, I deserve that.

"Can you look at me, love?"

The woman shook her head and hugged her knees to her chest.

"I know it may sound impossible but I promise you it's not. It's okay love; look at me"

The woman slowly lifted her head and made eye contact with you. You smiled knowing exactly who the mystery lady was. You could recognise those pretty eyes anywhere.

Elizabeth Olsen, huh?

"Good job! Can you touch my hand please?" you spoke offering your hand before her. She hesitantly placed her hand on top of yours; her hand was soft and supple in yours. You held her hand in a firm but comforting grip and moved her hand so it was pressed up against your chest.

"Can you listen to my heartbeat for me?" Lizzie nodded to your question and you began to go through an exercise for a panic attack to hopefully calm Elizabeth down.

"Can you tell me three things you can see?"

"Umm-"

"Take your time; it's okay, pretty eyes." You watched as a beautiful pair of emerald eyes darted around to take in her surroundings.

"S-street lamps, garbage, yo-you."

"Good, now what's three things you can smell?" Lizzie started to take deeper, controlled breaths to smell the things around her. You smiled at how she was less tense and relaxing more.

"my perfume, m-mint and strawberries?"

You blushed slightly recalling you had mint gum before this and your lotion was strawberry scented.

"W-we're almost done; what's three things you feel?"

"The floor, my clothes and your chest."

You both tuned a shade of pink at that but she still didn't move her hand. You stayed in silence for a few minutes, her deep breathing being the only thing you hear before you stand up.

"Are you okay now, pretty eyes?" you say in a calm tone.

She nods. "Thank you; I was really struggling."

"Don't worry, we all have bad days. Do you need to talk about it? Do you have a way home?"

"I'm fine, thanks. I needed to call my friend to pick me up but my phone died so I'll just walk home." She replies, staring at you with those piercing, green eyes.

"It's too dark to walk home alone and you just had a panic attack, let me drive you home," you smiled softly.

"It's okay; I promise my home isn't far."

"Okay. get home safe, pretty eyes." You said hiding the slight disappointment in your voice. You started to walk away when you heard a voice call after you.

"Wait!" You turned your head around at her to see her looking longingly at you. "I'm really tired; a ride home could help a lot."

"Come on, my car is just over here." you start to walk left to the direction of the place you parked as she followed behind you. You grab your keys and unlock the car whilst motioning for her to get in the passengers seat. Once you start the car, you ask Lizzie for directions.

"Turn right at the next junction then head down that road until you see the Italian restaurant which you turn right at again, then take the next left and if you keep going forward you should get there." you nod and head off.

You were softly mumbling the lyrics to the radio that was playing Perfect by Ed Sheeran while driving but got distracted quickly when you saw Elizabeth looking at you with a smirk on her face.

"Got a reason for staring, pretty eyes?"

"Your singing is just reeaaally bad."

You place a hand on your chest, gasping and pretending to be offended. "Ouch, I'd like to see you try." You challenged her with a knowing smirk.

You find her eyes from the corner of yours and you both smirk and start singing from the top of your lungs.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark
With you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass
Listening to our favourite song
When you said you looked a mess
I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it
Darling, you look perfect tonight

Well, I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a lover, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own

We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark
With you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass
Listening to our favourite song
When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this
Darling, you look perfect tonight

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark
With you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass
Listening to our favourite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect

I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

After your rendition of Perfect, a Taylor Swift song started playing and you both sung your hearts out. By the time it was over, you had arrived at Lizzie's house and were saying goodbye.

"Bye, it was nice meeting you. And screaming Ed Sheeran with you." Lizzie smirked.

"See you around, pretty eyes."

As Lizzie turned and began walking into the comfort of her house, you whispered quietly when you knew she wouldn't be able to hear you.

"We'll say hello again."

The chapters are going to be all around 1000-1500 words btw :)