Take my hand

Word Count: 1200 

"They're watching, are you willing to do this?" 

--------------------- 

Y/n's POV: 

It's been two days since Lizzie and you have began to 'date'. The initial shock is still there for most of the world but hopefully you and Lizzie could clear it up in the Jimmy Fallon interview which you have been invited to so both you and Lizzie could be there. Lizzie particularly liked the idea because she didn't want to be alone. 

You had been waiting outside Lizzie's apartment for her to meet you as you were going to hang out with her before getting ready for the interview. You stand, your foot tapping to some made-up lyrics you were mumbling. You stop your singing every so often to take a long drag of the cigarette you had in one hand. You had been waiting for five or so minutes and were about to take one last drag and dispose of it before Lizzie gets there but before the cigarette could reach your lips, Lizzie snatches it from your reach.  

"HEY!" You scramble to try and get it back. Lizzie just dodges your grasp. 

"Smoking kills, love." Lizzie says as she grounds the cigarette under her heel. You just roll your eyes and grab her hand.  

"Come on pretty eyes, let's go." You smile and try to ignore how her breath hitches when your hands interlock. You both were mostly comfortable with the nicknames but Lizzie always got a little flustered by your touch. Nevertheless, you keep holding her hand in a firm yet calming grip as you and Lizzie start walking, falling into each other's step.  

"So, where are we going?" Lizzie says as she follows your lead. 

"The arcade." I state as we keep walking. Lizzie stops looking into my eyes. "What?" 

"I'm so gonna beat you in the basketball machine." Lizzie smirks. 

You scoff playfully, "oh you're on, Olsen." You two giggle and resume walking. 

After a couple minutes you get there and you head into the arcade, bright lights and vibrant colours filing up your senses. You immediately drag Lizzie to the Pop-A-Shot machine which causes a fit of laughter from Lizzie. You take out your wallet and start digging around for the right coins before handing one to Lizzie.  

"You're so gonna lose pretty eyes, you should just admit defeat." 

"We haven't even played yet!" And with that Lizzie presses the start button on the machine and begins throwing the basketballs at the hoop. You follow shortly after and start shooting.  

This would be a lot easier if Lizzie's concentration face was less cute! 

You try an avert your eyes and focus on your aim but it was so hard. You watched as Lizzie furrowed her eyebrows, engrossed in the game and scrunched her nose slightly in delight when she would earn another point. You hadn't even noticed when both of your timers went off but Lizzie definitely did. 

"I beat you by twenty three points!" 

You smile; you were not at all disappointed and were still admiring the beauty before you.   

"That means I get a kiss." Lizzie smirks and crosses her arms. 

"Oh you do?" 

Lizzie nods, "I won so I get a kiss." 

"I don't think that was the rules." 

"There was no rules." 

You roll your eyes, "fine."  

Lizzie then pulls you into a short but sweet kiss which you savour every second of.  

"As much as I loved that, I'm totally gonna beat you at that air hockey thingy next to us." 

Lizzie erupted in laughs and you both go to the air hockey machine. 

- Timeskip -  

By the time you two were leaving, you had both beaten each other in several games, you had won Lizzie a stuffed squirrel that she is now weirdly attached to, and you both have a strip of photos of you two together from the photo booth. 

You and Lizzie were now getting ready for Jimmy Fallon when she turned to you.  

"Why do you smoke?" Lizzie says tilting her head.

"Old habit I guess. Why?"  

She shrugs, "I'm just worried."  

"Awww you care about me." You tease trying to lighten the mood. She playfully shoves you and takes a look at your outfit, which happened to be one of your favourites, and smiled. 

"Like what you see, pretty eyes?" You smirk and she looks away blushing. 

"W-we should go now."  

- Timeskip -  

"...The newest couple, please welcome Elizabeth Olsen and Y/n Y/l/n!" 

You and Lizzie walk out and hug Jimmy.  

"It's so nice to see you both again." 

You all share pleasantries and Jimmy starts to ask questions.  

"How long have you guys been dating? I remember last time you were here," Jimmy gestures to you, "you told me you were single." Jimmy says and Lizzie looks at me, a look of anxiousness and fake love on her face. 

"We've been dating for week or two. I... announced it publicly a couple days ago though." The crowd erupts in cheers and applause. "We were friends for a little beforehand but yeah, we decided to not hide it."  

"Really? So your relationship will be public to everyone?" 

"Maybe not everyone, I think you'll see posts from Y/n on social media sometimes, right love?" Lizzie says, her voice fine but her eyes pleading and nervous. You nod and kiss her cheek knowing it would distract the crowd. You were correct, the whole crowd started to awe at you so you whispered quickly in Lizzie's ear.  

"Take my hand."  

Lizzie quickly obliged and squeezed your right hand. You could feel her relax a little as Jimmy started to ask more questions. 

"So are either of you working on any new projects?"  

Lizzie speaks. "Not really, I think Y/n might be doing some new songs?" Lizzie looks to me with a smile. 

"Yeah, I'm working on releasing a couple new songs this year." 

"Could you tell us what they'll be about?" Jimmy asks. 

"Well..." You gesture to Lizzie as she grins widely. It was fair to say the audience couldn't contain themselves after that.  

The rest of the interview went pretty smoothly, Jimmy asked a lot of questions and Lizzie embarrassed you by telling the world that you fell face first on your first date which Jimmy kept teasing you about. You even told the story of the end of your mocha latte date. 

"They're watching, are you willing to do this?"  Lizzie nods, her shaky breathing becoming more severe. 

You look at Lizzie, her eyes searching and her lips parted. You lean in, your hand cupping her soft cheek and pull her in.  

You hear cameras flashing in the background but you don't care. All you care about is the most angelic, charming, dorky girl right in front of you. You've fallen for her, it was obvious. But how couldn't you?  

Lizzie pulls away with a smile on her face and nothing but love in her eyes.   

It's like you've fallen all over again. You've fallen for Elizabeth Chase Olsen. 

Sorry for not posting for a little, I've been pretty busy recently. Thanks for reading! Also if anyone knows any songs that I could say Y/n wrote please tell me.