Asleep

Word Count: 1008 words 

Lizzie  

I sit, watching Y/n rehearse her stunts, wincing when she falls hard on the mats. After rehearsing a quarter of the movie, we were almost done for the day. It had been a long day, rehearsals started at four in the morning and we were all still here at twelve thirty except for Sofia. I had tried on my new costume, it was a deep red shade and I even saw Y/n's.   

I had also finished testing my stunts, which were not too strenuous thankfully, so I wait for Y/n patiently. Her stunts seemed a lot more fatiguing than mine, I've seen her get thrown to the ground, kicked into a wall, and spun around in a harness for almost an hour now. To be honest, it feels like she has more stunts than me. 

After around fifteen minutes, she finally walks over to me, panting heavily. I cup her face in my hands and look her over concerned. She clutched her abdomen and limped slightly due to the pain. 

"Are you okay, love?" I say, eyes darting her features. She smiles weakly, placing a hand on top of one of mine. Her touch is comforting; I still worry though. 

"I'm okay." She says. Let's just say I don't believe her. I pull her into my embrace and breathe her scent for a little before pulling away. 

"Come on, let's go to my place." I start to drag her, not leaving much room for discussion. When she opens her mouth to protest, I swiftly kiss her cheek. 

"No arguing. You're tired, let's just go." She nods at my words, too tired to function. I lead her outside, away from set and towards my place. 

Our walk was relatively quiet, Y/n humming a small tune she made up every minute or so. 

I held her hand to try and warm mine and moved closer to her. It was the middle of October and it was freezing. I tried to hide my shivering but I don't think it worked as Y/n stops walking. 

"Are you okay?" I say, a bit confused and still shivering slightly.   

She doesn't say a word and quickly takes off her coat, draping it over my shoulders. She takes a hold of my hand once more and continues walking. I smile. I'm not so cold anymore. 

- Timeskip - 

Once we get to my place, I get changed into some pajamas and give Y/n some spare ones. Once we were both dressed and ready for bed, I lead Y/n into my room. 

"How 'bout we watch some movies?" Y/n suggests with a tired smile. She looks around my room for a second, getting used to the space. 

"Sure. What should we watch?" I smile back, getting comfy in my bed and gesturing for Y/n to sit next to me. My bed was quite large and had enough blankets for both me and Y/n.  

"Well I don't know about you but I really want to watch Avengers: Age of Ultron." Y/n teases with a smirk as she sits beside me. I shove her playfully and smile. 

"Come on! Pleasee. Emo Wanda is really hot." She teases making me blush. I look down in embarrassment but quickly look back up when I hear the Marvel theme tune start to play. 

"Y/n!" I exclaim, half surprised and half entertained at her antics.

"Sorry pretty eyes." she states with a yawn; she lies her head on my shoulder tiredly. "We're watching it." 

I roll my eyes and start to watch. I can't say no to Y/n so I oblige reluctantly. I don't normally watch my own stuff and I just know Y/n will have running commentary throughout the whole film. 

- Timeskip - 

I couldn't have been anymore right. Y/n apparently thinks my accent is 'so cool' and then proceeded to beg me to do Wanda's hand gestures. 

"You see me do it all the time on set!" I say, trying to hide my chuckle. "Plus you have to do it too! Did you forget you were a witch?" 

Y/n rolls her eyes and turns her attention back to the tv. Her focus only lasts for a couple minutes though as she turns to me three minutes later. 

"Y'know, you-" I cut her off with a kiss to the lips.

"That was the sweetest way someone has ever told me to shut up." She states, making us both erupt into laughter.   

About an hour and a half into the movie, I watch as Y/n's eyes get heavier and how her body snuggles into me more. I carefully move her head into my lap and filter through her hair with my fingers. I twist her locks around my finger and massage her head as I keep watching the movie. Watching myself was definitely weird but I still did it. Watching myself showed quite a few things about my acting and stuff I could improve on.  

Anyway, I was certain that Y/n had fallen asleep by now but was mistaken when she began to mumble sleepily. 

"I love you pretty eyes." 

We weren't in public, there was no reason for her to say 'I love you'. In all honesty, there was no reason for her to be sleeping in my lap; there was no reason for me to be playing with her hair. There was no reason for me to say 'I love you' back. But I did. 

"I love you too." I whisper, leaning down and kissing her on her slightly chapped lips. I study her features before realising what I said.  

I love her. I love Y/n Y/l/n. It couldn't be anymore true. 

Let's just say that, just like Pietro, I did not see that coming.

Thanks for reading! Your votes and comments literally make my day! <3    By the way I have a week off in a couple days so I hope that I'll be able to write a lot during then. I've been having some writer's block but I'll still update as much as I can.