We fell in love in October

Word count: 1002 words

Y/n

You sit with a guitar, making up a rhythm and humming some words. Filming for the new movie had been postponed because they needed to tweak the script so you decided to write. 

"My world, my world, my world, you will be my worldddd." You mumble. 

You had pretty much finished the song so you grabbed your phone and called Lizzie.  

You: Pretty eyes?

Lizzie: Hey love, I'm with Scarlett, how's your day been?

You: I've been writing a new song, I was wondering if you'd like to hear it?

Lizzie: I'd love too- 

You hear Lizzie being cut off. You're a little concerned until you hear a raspy voice in your eardrums. 

Scarlett: So this is my best friend's new lover.

Scarlett said teasingly as you hear Lizzie in the background trying to get her phone back.

You: You must be Scarlett? Lizzie's told me a lot about you.  

Scarlett: Really? Lizzie's told me about you too, she says you're-

Lizzie: Okay! That's enough! 

Lizzie must have taken the phone back as you hear her exasperated and slightly embarrassed voice. 

You: Anyway, you can come anytime if you want to hear the song. Scarlett can come too if she wants.

Lizzie: Really?

You: Of course! See you later, pretty eyes.

Lizzie: Bye love. I'll be there soon. 

Lizzie

I hang up the phone to see Scarlett looking at me oddly.  

"What?" 

"Oh Y/n, my love! I love you sooo much!" Scar teases dramatically.  

I blush intensely. "Scar! Anyway, I'm sorry but she invited me over and-"

"Wow, Lizzie! I didn't think you were the type!" She raises her eyebrows at me.

"Scarlett!" My face is beet red now. "That's not what I meant! She made a new song and is asking if you want to hear it with me." 

"Right." Scar says, still sceptical. "I'll come. I still have an hour and a half before I have to pick up Rose." 

- Timeskip -

Y/n

You wait patiently for Lizzie, absentmindedly strumming the new song on the guitar whilst taking a puff of a cigarette between every verse.

The doorbell rings which made you dispose of the cigarette and get up. You open the door to Lizzie and Scarlett so you quickly hug Lizzie with a smile.

"Hi pretty eyes," you then turn to Scarlett after you and Lizzie finish hugging, "Hello Scarlett, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, Lizzie talks a lot about you."

"Good things I hope." You say as you let them in, closing the door behind them.

"There's nothing bad to say about you, love." Lizzie says and you kiss her hastily before you grab your guitar.

"So, Y/n, what's your song called?" Scarlett says intrigued.

"I was thinking, We fell in love in October." You say shyly, looking at Lizzie. She stares with a smile and you both seem to get lost in each other eyes until you hear a throat being cleared.

"As cute as you guys are, save it for the honeymoon." Scarlett says as you both look to her blushing.

"Sorry, I'll play the song now." You say awkwardly. You adjust the guitar in your lap and start to play.

"Smoking cigarettes on the roof
You look so pretty and I love this view

We fell in love in October
That's why, I love fall
Looking at the stars
Admiring from afar

My girl, my girl, my girl
You will be my girl
My girl, my girl, my girl
You will be my world
My world, my world, my world
You will be my girl

Smoking cigarettes on the roof
You look so pretty and I love this view
Don't bother looking down
We're not going that way
At least I know, I am here to say

We fell in love in October
That's why, I love fall
Looking at the stars
Admiring from afar

My girl, my girl, my girl
You will be my girl
My girl, my girl, my girl
You will be my girl
My girl, my girl, my girl
You will be my girl
My girl, my girl, my girl
You will be my world
My world, my world, my world
You will be my girl."

As you sing the last line, you look at Lizzie. Her watery, green eyes stared at you; she got up from her seat and pulled you into her warm embrace.

"That was the best f*cking song I've ever heard." She says seriously which makes you laugh. You look at Scarlett who honestly looks like a proud mom at the whole situation.

"I'll leave you two lovebirds alone now. And great song, Y/n." Scarlett gets up and hugs Lizzie and then surprisingly hugs you. What probably wasn't so surprising is when she whispered in your ear.

"Hurt her and I hurt you." You smile and nod, finding her protectiveness amusing.

"You're such a mom." You whisper back which ends up with her smirking at you.

"Okay, bye lovebirds!" She says as she walks away and out the door.

You look at Lizzie who is smiling at you cutely.

"So you like the song, pretty eyes?"

"Yeah, I loved it but you're not gonna smoke anymore though." You fake being offended at her words.

"I haven't smoked for, like, two minutes!" She rolls her eyes at you.

"Come on, how about we go to the roof and reenact this song of yours? Without the smoking."

"Fine."

You take her hand and lead her up to the roof.

"Could you sing it again?"

"Really? You want me to do it again?" You ask and Lizzie nods as you both sit on the ledge of the roof, her head resting on your shoulder.

You start to sing again, without the guitar, and Lizzie looks at you lovingly.

"Smoking cigarettes on the roof..."

Thanks for reading! I literally had this idea for this chapter in my head for so long but I wanted to wait until it was October lmao.