Mocha lattes

Word Count: 1234 

Lizzie 

"We should pretend to date." 

"You're joking, right?" I wait for a response that doesn't come. "This isn't to all the boys I've loved before!" I stare at her as she bites her lip. 

"Do you have a better idea? Think about it, it would get everyone to stop making rumours and it would be less weird that we around each other a lot because of the new movie." She shrugs and I consider it. 

"Why can't we just ignore the rumours and get on with our lives? Plus, what if someone finds out and how would we even pretend to date?" 

She stops and thinks for a moment before replying. "We can't ignore the rumours, paparazzi and interviewers will ask too much. And, come on, you're Elizabeth Olsen." 

"So what?" 

"So you're one of the best actresses in the industry, technically you've pretended to date people all the time in movies so there is no way anyone will find out." 

I think it over and wonder if it's too big of a risk. 

I sigh, "How would we pull this off?" 

"First... First, we have to announce our relationship." We both sit and ponder how to make this believable. Then it hit me. 

"I have another interview in two days! It was originally for Dr Strange: Multiverse Of Madness  press but I have a felling they'll just talk about us so I can tell them then." 

"Are you sure?" 

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" I smile slightly confused at her worried face. 

"That's a big thing to reveal, especially on camera. I can always just post something on social media." 

"Five minutes into fake dating and you already care?" I tease with a smirk. She rolls her eyes and hides her faint blush. 

"How about this, I post about us and you confirm our relationship in your interview." 

"Deal. What's next?" 

"Next is... Next is acting like we're insanely in love with each other." We both sit in an uncomfortable silence for a moment before I try and break the ice. 

"Or we could just get mocha lattes?" I say with a smile and a nose scrunch. 

She chuckles. "Yeah, that's a good idea." 

- Timeskip - 

We both sit in the cafe, sipping on our mocha lattes as Y/n figures out what to post and I figure out what to say on Jimmy Fallon. I've known Jimmy for awhile and he is a very nice interviewer, thankfully. I'm not quite sure what to say to him yet (and the rest of the world) but I only have a couple days to plan this out. 

Suddenly I see a screen in front of my face and break out of my thoughts. I take Y/n's phone and read through her drafted post.