Routine

Summary:
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Training and being a servant
was okay for her. She was
accustomed to making lots
of task before.

Mystake looked at the window after another deafening whistle

Mystake looked at the window after another deafening whistle. A deep sigh could be heard in her little shop – something was coming, that much she knew. She knew other things, of course, but they didn't make her happy. Not at all.

"[name], have you cleaned the shelves yet?"

A little girl dressed in a shinobi shozoku with a knee-length pleated skirt instead of the usual tattsuke-hakama pants turned to their Mistress and bowed slightly.

"Yes, my Mistress."

"Good. Stand out front and wait. Company will arrive soon."

The girl hummed without questioning their dear Mistress and stood still. They didn't wish to pry; they couldn't – they are a mere servant, after all. There to help their Mistress.

Mystake was in the back of the shop, mentally preparing herself for a special guest – old friends she saw in the steam from her new tea brew.

After mere moments the door opened. A man strolled into the shop, almost afraid to make a sound.

"Welcome home, good traveler." spoke the girl. "The Mistress is waiting for you." The man jumps from the voice. 'Didn't expect someone out here.' Gathering his thoughts, he let out a soft and confused, "M...mis...tress?.."

"They mean me, Dareth." Mystake came out from the back and quickly closed the gap between herself and the man. "(Y/n), bring us a nice special tea. We need something to talk over to."

"Yes, my Mistress."

With that, the girl went to brew one of the many teas she had learned, leaving two adults alone. Unknown to the girl, this wasn't her Mistress's original guest.

A sigh left the woman, looking at the man dressed in all brown - not hiding her annoyance with him.

"D-didn't know...you, you had a..."

"Save it. Better tell me what happened this time."

𐦍

Her training consisted of many breathing exercises. To better her physical abilities, she learned that after some good breathing sessions, she felt almost light. The correct feeling was "stir up," as her master explained.

Her eyes were closed, standing still and quiet.

In and out.

The pattern held was calming to her master. He enjoys the quiet moments with his student. He matches his breathing to hers.

Clearing his mind – waiting for a vision to come.

Meditation was something both seemed to revel in.

𐦍

Dry sword swings continue to fill up the air. How many was it? The Fiftieth, maybe? It didn't matter the count, only training – excel.

Her hand filled with blisters only fueled her to continue, the burning sensation making her sharper in her swings.

𐦍

Staring at the boiling mixture of vinegar and water, she waited for the perfect time.

By her mistress order, she didn't dare to avert her gaze from the kettle – not by a second. The sound of the boiling mixture filled the air. Waiting for the kettle's perfect pitch.

Cleaning the many teapots with her Mistress was a welcome task.

"Tell me how training went [name]." Request the woman, rubbing one of her crockery. She knew how seriously the girl took her training. Even though she didn't know why exactly. 'It distracts her busy mind.'

Soon after hearing their Mistress's voice, she turned off the heat and faced ahead. "It went the same as yesterday, my Mistress. Was your day enjoyable?" A small chuckle left the woman; "My, it was a calm day today in the shop."

Their conversation was cut short – due to the front door opening quite abruptly, startling both. But before one could make a sound, a voice yelled, "Dear assistant! Are you here today?" They were pretty excited, to say the least.

With a sigh of irritation, the woman walked out to the front of her shop – the girl following close behind.

At the front was Dareth, the man from the dojo. [name] used to attend the dojo for training purposes. Before being welcomed to the monastery. They seemed to form a friendship where the girl helped the man around his dojo – either by cleaning or being used as an example to his student.

Her thoughts were silenced by the woman reprimanding the man shouting, saying things like, "It's a small shop, no need to shout." Followed by a, "We are busy. Please do leave."

Slightly leaning to her left, the girl make eye contact with the man. "Well, will you look at that! My apprentice!" He seemingly ignored the woman's words and greeted his "apprentice" his hand was stretchy out, waiting to be shaken.

The girl stares at his open hand for a few seconds, then at her Mistress. Asking for her next move. Seeing the woman let out a sigh and copying the action the man had done before, she politely returned her gaze and hand to the man – giving him a slight shake.

After the small moment, the man demanded permission to bring his apprentice to his dojo for classes. Only do be immediately turn down by the woman, since today was cleaning day at the shop.

Notes:: ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━Second chapter! Gonna be honest, I don't think I dis a good job with this one

Notes::
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Second chapter!
Gonna be honest, I don't think I dis a good job with this one.
I could probably convey y/n life better, but honestly I got tired.
(;'∀`)

I'm planning to make my upload schedule a two days a week. So they will be in total two uploads in one week. The days are still not established due to my studies. But I will try my best to keep up this schedule.

Unfortunately not proofread
941 words (notes counted)