Buds

Summary:
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Cole finally passes Master Wu
test, and shares a moment
with [name].

Master Wu and [name] sat at the training grounds of the monastery

Master Wu and [name] sat at the training grounds of the monastery. They were having their usual afternoon tea time. Completely ignoring the many grunts from the male – all the running and jumping seemed not to bother either of them.

Keeping the teapot on sight for when the Master decided the time was right. [name] gaze followed the black-haired male. Her expression was difficult to decipher, was she intrigued or surprised by him? Master couldn't tell, but he welcomed the idea of the girl experiencing something new.

Holding the teacup and saucer in their left hand, asking whether he prefers his tea strong or weak. "Weak for today, please, and thank you."

Nodding, the girl holds a tea strainer in one hand while lifting the teapot and pouring it with her other hand. Filling about one-half full of space to add the hot water. "With milk, sugar, or lemon?" Humming in, though, 'What should it be today? Yesterday I had strong tea with lemon. What should I pick?'

His thoughts were disrupted momentarily by the scream of his student – his body went flying and collided with one of the many dummies in place. He immediately stands up to start the course all over again. Not before kicking the dummy, who was a victim of his fall. An enthusiastic; "I got this!" falls out of the black-haired teen.

Master Wu smiles at his student's attitude – glad his initial excitement hasn't faltered. Gathering his thoughts again, he decided to go with milk today for his tea. Nodding, the girl poured the requested ingredient and placed a spoon on the saucer. However, before they could move more, landing in front of them stood Master Wu's student. His short breathing cut off his big smile.

"So, did I pass? I pass, right?" His rapid movement demonstrated his enthusiasm – practically shaking in place. With a slight smile, their Master smiled at him, making the teen make some celebration dance. When he finally came down from his high, they invited him for tea.

𐦍

Both teens were sitting Burmese style – facing each other. [name] breathing was silent; honestly, it was a little eerie.

Opening one of his eyes, he contemplated if talking at a time like this will disrupt her. They haven't spoken much – considering he doesn't see her around. He was curious about her. Closing his eyes, he started fidgeting with his hands and giving himself little taps on his knees. "So, [name]. How long have you known Mater Wu?"

Waiting for an answer makes the poor teen be on edge, 'Did I say something wrong? I probably should have waited more. But it's so quiet. I couldn't take it anymore!' He was getting anxious, uncomfortable even. The silence was killing him.

The girl finally opened her eyes and stared briefly at him before they tucked their arm in one of her pockets. Perking up – Intrigued by her movements, he watched as she took out a coin. "Hey, what's that?" In answer, she threw the coin up in the air, swiftly catching it in the back of her hand. Lifting her other hand, revealing it had landed in "tails." Looking up at him, she replied;

"I have known Master for a long time since childhood." His face lit up, even jumping in response. 'She talked to me!' He proudly thought. Excitingly he responded, "What was that you just flipped?" When met with silence, he continued, "Money? It said "heads" and "tails" Why did you flip it?" Still nothing, just a closed eye smile in return. "You sure made that thing spin, huh." The comment made her open her eyes; stretching her hand upward, she explained;

"I flip this to decide when I haven't been told what to do. Just know, I decided whether to speak to you or not." His whole attention was on her hand holding up the coin. "Heads meant I wouldn't, and tails meant I would. Since it came up tails, I spoke to you." Finishing her sentences, she turned to face him, giving him another closed-eye smile. It baffled the teen; 'Why doesn't she decide for yourself' but he decided not to ask further.

Their alone time was interrupted by their Master walking in, making them both stand up in a position of attention. Walking before them, he said, "Tomorrow, you will start rehabilitation training with [name]."

Notes: ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━Cole and [name] bonding moment Not proofread 745 words

Notes:
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Cole and [name] bonding moment
Not proofread
745 words